Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop after incorrect address listed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score drop after incorrect address listed

So I became an AU on my moms Macy’s AMEX a few weeks back. Her address was listed on my EXP report this morning and I took a 15 point hit. Of course they aren’t open today for me to discuss the matter with them. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue when they became an AU. Should I just call Macy’s AMEX on Monday and talk with them or dispute it with EXP?
4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Score drop after incorrect address listed

I don't think it was the address (albeit she needs to correct it with Macy's), as it was a "new" account added. If you have a thin file, relatively new, or if she is carrying some decent utilization on the Macy's these would be factors.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just doesn’t make sense to me since the account has been open for 5 years, no derogs ever, and has a current balance of zero.

It was added to my reports about a month or 2 ago. Just strange that the address was just randomly added and that it had a negative impact on me.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have incorrect addresses removed via dispute with the credit bureau(s). I had to do this myself. It's not going to help your score though because addresses do not impact your credit score. Something else caused your score to decrease.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, the other replies above are correct.  An address has zero impact at all on your credit score.  That doesn't mean that the AU account didn't somehow impact your score, as it may have, but it wasn't the address issue.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.