cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 28 points! (here's why...but why did this happen??)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score dropped 28 points! (here's why...but why did this happen??)

1 at 18% (that is that small 300 store card)

1 at 7%

1 at 5%

1 at 1%

Message 51 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

and 2 at 0%

I usually only have 2, or 3 max with any kind of balance. The store card was 55 on 300 and pay that off right after I charge. Forgot this time so it hit the report.

Message 52 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think you’ll see a nice boost when you pay them all off and they all report except for one.
Message 53 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks!!

Message 54 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please come back and let us know if you get any points on July 1 for six months age of youngest account. And like I said come January 1 you should probably re-bucket and your scores will go up then as well, so see what your scores are when you optimize and if they’re not high enough, wait till January 1 and they will be! 😉 Good luck let us know what happens.
Message 55 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Birdman, I definitely will! 

And thanks again for all your help with this! Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

My pleasure. I hope everything works out wonderfully for you and I look forward to positive reports.
Message 57 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Birdman, here's the latest so far.

One of our account balances decreased by 376 (I paid off the card...getting ready to pay the others per our previous conversations) and my scores went UP (so far) 4 and 5 points with that particular decrease. EQ hasn't reported it yet.

On the other hand, my husband's went DOWN 6 and 8 for the same 376 decrease. Same with EQ on his, no report yet (these both came in today). 

This seems to be a trend between him and I lately. Mine goes up for the the same item his goes down for.

Ugh! So frustrating. Smiley Sad I just do not understand this scoring stuff. 

Will his end up bumping back up when those report zero after a time? I'm hoping so. It's just so disheartening to pay things off and have the score go down like that. 

I want to ask why does it do that but I know there is no clear cut answer to that question and trying to understand FICO scoring!! lol

Message 58 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I can tell you his score did not decrease as a result of that account being paid off. There is another reason. If you have a credit report before and after compare them line by line and you will find another change. Maybe another account dropped off? I can assure you it’s not because you paid that down and I can assure you as you follow the plan the scores will go up. Stick to the plan is my advice.
Message 59 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, yes, maybe so. 

Okay, will do! Will report back in a few weeks after things settle in (and I pull another report to see changes). Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.