cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scored dropped massively by -37!!! Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scored dropped massively by -37!!! Help!!

My score was perfect and so I applied for Amex and got approved. Just checked my fico score today and massively dropped by -37!! Omg!! When will I be able to fix this. The reason is my oldest cc is only 13 years old and I have 5 credit cards!!!

i didn’t even need the Amex I just want to get more cc to establish more credit of which I didn’t know massively hurt my score, **bleep**!!! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Scored dropped massively by -37!!! Help!!

@Anonymous wrote:

My score was perfect and so I applied for Amex and got approved. Just checked my fico score today and massively dropped by -37!! Omg!! When will I be able to fix this. The reason is my oldest cc is only 13 years old and I have 5 credit cards!!!

i didn’t even need the Amex I just want to get more cc to establish more credit of which I didn’t know massively hurt my score, **bleep**!!! 

First of all, where are you getting your score from? 

Second of all, I don't think a FICO score would drop that much just because of one new card reporting. And it's certainly not because your oldest card is "only" 13 years old. I don't see the correlation there. 

What is your utilization like on all your cards?

Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Is the AmEx reporting yet on your credit reports?

Before the AmEx, what is the AoYA Age of Youngest Account, revolving or installment?

Message 3 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You may want to pull your credit reports to review the before and after.

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
Credit Karma for weekly TU and EQ reports.
WalletHub for daily TU report.

Message 4 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is perfect? 850? 

If these are FICO scores, and you indeed incurred a 37pt drop, has a derogatory popped up--a collection, a lien, a late payment, a returned check, an installment loan paid off, all cards with a $0 balance, maxed out cards, etc. It really could be a number of things, and it could be that it's not a FICO score that dropped 37 pointsl

Keep us in the loop. We definitely want to know what's going on with your CR.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply as I’ve said my oldest cc is still here 13 years old and I have 4 credit cards. 

I got my report directly from Bank of America credit card app. No late payments I even paid one week before due dates I have cap1, discover, Bank of America and Amex.

amex is $1000 on it, others have like $50,35,40 balance that I paid before due dates! 

Util is like < 1% 

What weird was just a week ago I called boa about possible upgrade to my cc and this happened that my score dropped -37 points! 

All it says in there was the reason affecting my score is the average year of my credit cards 13 years divide by 4 credit cards. 

My highest score - excellent was 815! 

I have to wait for cap1 to see my updated score  and Amex.  discover is taking too long or don’t even update my credit score anymore! 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what scoring model BoA uses. Amex provides FICO8 EX. Disco gives TU FICO8. CapOne gives a VantageScore 3.0 score, which is meaningless. 

Spend a buck and check your FICO scores on www.Creditchecktotal.com and get the real numbers as of right now.

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply as I’ve said my oldest cc is still here 13 years old and I have 4 credit cards. 

I got my report directly from Bank of America credit card app. No late payments I even paid one week before due dates I have cap1, discover, Bank of America and Amex.

amex is $1000 on it, others have like $50,35,40 balance that I paid before due dates! 

Util is like < 1% 

What weird was just a week ago I called boa about possible upgrade to my cc and this happened that my score dropped -37 points! 

All it says in there was the reason affecting my score is the average year of my credit cards 13 years divide by 4 credit cards. 

My highest score - excellent was 815! 

I have to wait for cap1 to see my updated score  and Amex.  discover is taking too long or don’t even update my credit score anymore! 

BoA provides a monthly TransUnion FICO 8 score. I have not pinned down the actual date they pull and the date they provide your score. It may not real time, so take that into consideration.

$1 should solve the mystery.

Message 8 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

BofA gives TU FICO 8

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another problem. I looked at cap1 score it seem ok since they have updated it.

i went to car dealership with cap1 pre qual letter and adamant to the dealer I only want cap1 when he kept telling me there are other financial I said even I don’t want too many hard inquiries.

Today I just got sent bunch of emails from discover that the dealership ran my credit 7 times!!!

I didn’t consent to this I know because I remember waiting for 30 minute when no he said 15 and told him I only want cap1 and he came back and says cap1 declines so he went to ally bank, 

i don’t know how this will affect me if I want to buy a newer car in two years which I’m hoping or get mortgage. 

People says not so much and some days I can dispute this. 

that dealership piss me off, I called them 40 times this morning they even hang up on me when I only want to ask one simple questions didn’t get to me until 5 hours later. Very unprofessional! But I don’t want to return my car because if they’ve run my credit that much they’ve possibly ruined my option to be able to go to another dealership. 

My friend says even the report says no incident it looks like there is because the bumper were repainted too, so that’s another lie. 

Hopefully the car don’t break down. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.