Did you mean: 

Scores Drop at 2 years AAoA?

tag
MickeyGMoney
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores Drop at 2 years AAoA?

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica oh if my findings aren't enough, you can go see @AllZero, who also confirmed and verified the threshold subsequent to me discovering it. 

If we're talking about EX2, see message 15.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX2-New-account-Threshold-found-at-18-months/m-p/6317727#M186923

Aha, so my youngest revolving account (the PLOC is included) will not be 18 months yet by the time we finalize the mortgage. That sadly means I won't get the positive reassignment that comes with no new accounts. Oh well, as long as I don't have any negative reassignments we're golden Smiley Happy Thanks everyone!

Future Cards:
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica oh if my findings aren't enough, you can go see @AllZero, who also confirmed and verified the threshold subsequent to me discovering it. 

If we're talking about EX2, see message 15.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX2-New-account-Threshold-found-at-18-months/m-p/6317727#M186923

Aha, so my youngest revolving account (the PLOC is included) will not be 18 months yet by the time we finalize the mortgage. That sadly means I won't get the positive reassignment that comes with no new accounts. Oh well, as long as I don't have any negative reassignments we're golden Smiley Happy Thanks everyone!

@MickeyGMoney yes we have learned the mortgage scores segment on any new account whereas 8/9 only segments on revolvers and true charge cards. 

And it really varies by profile, I gained points on EX & TU and I lost points with EQ, so it's always a crapshoot and varies by profile. And we have not been able to observe enough for the mortgage scores to really determine what's normal for it yet.

As referenced we just discovered this, so we've got to observe it for a while to really determine what's normal, but we assume it's normally positive, but only time and data will be certain. Version 9-has surprised us so, you never know.

Message 22 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MickeyGMoney your oldest account is four years old, so either way you have nothing to worry about. You're past your mature reassignment by two years.

Thanks for all the info. So I'm fine as far as my AoOA. However, you mentioned above that there might be a reassignment when my youngest account hits 18 months? My youngest account is a PLOC that will be 18 months old a few months after the home finishes (assuming no delays). My youngest revolving account would hit 18 months about 2 months before the home finishes. I appreciate the insights!

A PLOC is a revolving account, just like a credit card.

BTW I am skeptical about what you are being told about 18 months AoYA having a negative effect on your mortgage scores. This is a new idea that is unsupported by sufficient data IMHO. I expect you to see no negative consequences whatsoever from that. When you do hit your report after 18 months, please do report back to us and either confirm or debunk what you have been told here.

@SouthJamaica what negative effects are you talking about? It's cool you didn't believe the 12 month new account Segmentation, you didn't believe the three-year segmentation, you didn't believe the two-year Segmentation, it's OK you didn't believe there are balance thresholds, you didn't believe the rounding, it's OK, you don't have to believe any of it, despite the fact we've proven it all now, but where do you get this idea about it being negative?

I think you misunderstood. You made the comment that scorecard change typically causes an increase. I respectfully disagreed because that is not correct, it depends on the type of reassignment.

Most mature reassignments cause a drop. It depends on the type of reassignment whether it would typically cause an increase or decrease. I disagreed because you stated reassignments typically cause an increase and they don't, it depends on what type of reassignment.

I never said a new account reassignment on the mortgage scores would be negative, but now that you mention it, it is possible, go read my recent threads for all three. 

I don't really know what you're trying to say, or how you're trying to characterize what I said, but to be clear:

1.   I do believe that reaching 12 months AoYA does lead to a score gain in  the FICO 8's. I have no reason to doubt that it's due to a scorecard reassignment, but I do not know that.

2.  I have no reason to doubt your statement that 18 months provides a similar event in the mortgage scores.

3.  I doubt that either event is likely to cause a decrease in one's scores.

4.  I don't know what the 2-year and 3-year segmentation rules are to which you are referring. If you are referring to AAoA, I do believe that 3 years is a threshold and causes a gain in FICO 8. I have no idea if it's due to scorecard reassignment or not.

These are the things I believe.  There's no reason for you to shout at me about it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 23 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Please do not make me lock someone else's thread, this is not conducive to exchange of information at all.
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MickeyGMoney your oldest account is four years old, so either way you have nothing to worry about. You're past your mature reassignment by two years.

Thanks for all the info. So I'm fine as far as my AoOA. However, you mentioned above that there might be a reassignment when my youngest account hits 18 months? My youngest account is a PLOC that will be 18 months old a few months after the home finishes (assuming no delays). My youngest revolving account would hit 18 months about 2 months before the home finishes. I appreciate the insights!

BTW I am skeptical about what you are being told about 18 months AoYA having a negative effect on your mortgage scores. This is a new idea that is unsupported by sufficient data IMHO. I expect you to see no negative consequences whatsoever from that. When you do hit your report after 18 months, please do report back to us and either confirm or debunk what you have been told here.

@SouthJamaica what negative effects are you talking about? It's cool you didn't believe the 12 month new account Segmentation, you didn't believe the three-year segmentation, you didn't believe the two-year Segmentation, it's OK you didn't believe there are balance thresholds, you didn't believe the rounding, it's OK, you don't have to believe any of it, despite the fact we've proven it all now, but where do you get this idea about it being negative?

I think you misunderstood. You made the comment that scorecard change typically causes an increase. I respectfully disagreed because that is not correct, it depends on the type of reassignment.

Most mature reassignments cause a drop. It depends on the type of reassignment whether it would typically cause an increase or decrease. I disagreed because you stated reassignments typically cause an increase and they don't, it depends on what type of reassignment.

I never said a new account reassignment on the mortgage scores would be negative, but now that you mention it, it is possible, go read my recent threads for all three. 

I don't really know what you're trying to say, or how you're trying to characterize what I said, but to be clear:

1.   I do believe that reaching 12 months AoYA does lead to a score gain in  the FICO 8's. I have no reason to doubt that it's due to a scorecard reassignment, but I do not know that.

2.  I have no reason to doubt your statement that 18 months provides a similar event in the mortgage scores.

4.  I don't know what the 2-year and 3-year segmentation rules are to which you are referring. If you are referring to AAoA, I do believe that 3 years is a threshold and causes a gain in FICO 8. I have no idea if it's due to scorecard reassignment or not.

These are the things I believe.  There's no reason for you to shout at me about it.

@SouthJamaica I am not shouting and I apologize if you or anyone thought my tone was inappropriate. 

i'm at a loss to understand what you were talking about in your words that I bolded (for reference to identify which of your words I was referring to).

I misunderstood your comment I guess about 18 months AoYA is negative? That's the part I didn't understand. I thought you were implying that I said it was negative which I never said. Who did? (However I did lose points on one of three at reassignment, but I don't know if that's typical or not. )

The two and three-year segmentation thresholds are when you go from young to mature on the mortgage scores and 8/9 respectively.

Message 25 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica I am not shouting and I apologize if you or anyone thought my tone was inappropriate. 

i'm at a loss to understand what you were talking about in your words that I bolded (for reference to identify which of your words I was referring to).

I misunderstood your comment I guess about 18 months AoYA is negative? That's the part I didn't understand. I thought you were implying that I said it was negative which I never said. Who did? (However I did lose points on one of three at reassignment, but I don't know if that's typical or not. )

The two and three-year segmentation thresholds are when you go from young to mature on the mortgage scores and 8/9 respectively.

OK.  I did think that you were portraying an overly negative view of positive scorecard reassignment, scaring the OP when in fact his arriving at the new threshold is cause for celebration, but one of your subsequent posts made it clear that none of this was so clear even to you Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK.  I did think that you were portraying an overly negative view of positive scorecard reassignment, scaring the OP when in fact his arriving at the new threshold is cause for celebration, but one of your subsequent posts made it clear that none of this was so clear even to you Smiley Happy

@SouthJamaica absolutely correct. I would intuitively expect that it would be positive and an increase, but for myself two out of three went up one of three went down.

Until we collect data points there's no way for me to say what is typical, but personally I think it would normally be positive. But like you said, I really don't know until we start collecting data points and find out to be honest. I mean version 9 surprised me; it seems to go the opposite direction for many. 

Message 27 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica absolutely correct. I would intuitively expect that it would be positive and an increase, but for myself two out of three went up one of three went down.

Until we collect data points there's no way for me to say what is typical, but personally I think it would normally be positive. But like you said, I really don't know until we start collecting data points and find out to be honest. I mean version 9 surprised me; it seems to go the opposite direction for many. 

I hope I can contribute one some day, but what's the likelihood of me holding out for 18 months Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MickeyGMoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope I can contribute one some day, but what's the likelihood of me holding out for 18 months Smiley Happy

@SouthJamaica it shocked me you made it 12!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.