Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores after CLI

tag
gmanuel71
Valued Member

Scores after CLI

Will my FICO scores improve after a CLI even if my UTL was under 5% before the increase?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scores after CLI

Well, maybe, but I doubt it. Is the 5% util on that one card, or overall?

One scenario that might result in a score increase would be if your overall util was 5%, but your util on that one card was quite high. (This can happen if you have a LOT of credit overall.) Then the util on that card would drop, and you might get a score increase.

A second would be if there really is one last score jump to have your util at 4% or less. There is periodic wondering about this, but no one has ever been able to pin it down for sure. We know there's a break at under 10%; we just don't know if there's one for under 5%.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

There was not for me
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some CLIs are granted only after a hard inquiry pull, so you see may around a -10 initial hit for the inq, but balanced against any concurrent increase that  you may get from the increased limit, and the related decreased &util.  So it is hard to project.  It depends.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.