cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores vary between the 3 credit bureaus?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Scores vary between the 3 credit bureaus?

I'm getting to a point where my scores will be maxed for my current credit profile.  The three bureaus will be showering just below or above 700. Had a BK discharged in Feb of '10 and have 6 tax liens on my report. So now I'm going to start thoughly looking over my reports to make sure all of the info is the same. 

What are some reasons that scores between the three can vary?  I know that inquiries can be one. One CB can have more inquiries listed than the others. And some reports might list info (good or bad) that others don't.  Anything else? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores vary between the 3 credit bureaus?

@masscredit wrote:

I'm getting to a point where my scores will be maxed for my current credit profile.  The three bureaus will be showering just below or above 700. Had a BK discharged in Feb of '10 and have 6 tax liens on my report. So now I'm going to start thoughly looking over my reports to make sure all of the info is the same. 

What are some reasons that scores between the three can vary?  I know that inquiries can be one. One CB can have more inquiries listed than the others. And some reports might list info (good or bad) that others don't.  Anything else? 

How things are listed can affect the score. I've noticed that with Transunion (Which I've noticed tends to report higher scores) charge offs that are paid have zero payment history. (At least the ones I've looked at) This meant for TU, if a C/O was paid, the score instantly improved for those C/O accounts since the util improved.  For EQ, for some reason, when you dispute an account with them, your score drops, After the dispute is over, it goes back up (this will depend upon the outcome of the dispute). As to why it drops, absolutely no idea, but go ahead and google this one, lots of folks have noticed this trend with EQ disputes.

Also, all three bureaus have slight tweaks on the algorithms for their data. Good habits will pay off in the long run and lead to the same score range for all three but in the end, it will be CRA dependent.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.