cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch alert = updated accurate score?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Scorewatch alert = updated accurate score?

I opened a score watch 22APR and until now (08MAY) have had a total of 4 score watch alerts, all with new accurate scores.  I think myFICO is pulling the reports every day.  They just make you pay to see the report (which is far more detailed than just a score update.... this is why people will get new reports once in awhile).

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

golo: "So the score from SW alert is not an accurate updated score? We can conclude?"

no.  the score update is accurate.   either whatever you had deleted didn't have an effect in relation to your other derogatory items, or it wasn't deleted yet.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 14
ssp
Valued Member

I had a lender pull EQ and it was 20 points lower than what score watch is showing me. I received the alert that it was pulled and that my score hadn't changed so I"m a bit confused. Not sure if this matters but it is Home Depot.

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 13 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ssp wrote:

I had a lender pull EQ and it was 20 points lower than what score watch is showing me. I received the alert that it was pulled and that my score hadn't changed so I"m a bit confused. Not sure if this matters but it is Home Depot.

Home Depot (I'm assuming this was for their card) could've done one of two things (or both)

- Pulled a FICO '08 model (Beacon 9.0 in industry speak, the one here is FICO '04 Beacon 5.0)

- Pulled an industry-specific option, namely a Credit-Enhanced pull.

We can pretty much guaruntee currently that the EQ score from myFico, vis a vis Scorewatch, will be exactly the same score as you receive on your EQ pull for a mortgage application.  Beyond that, unfortunately YMMV, but it's still the best score available to customers for that reason alone... and by a large margin I would suggest compared to many others out there which are absolutely useless.

        
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.