Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring of Old Derogs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scoring of Old Derogs

Hold on, I'm doing some research and there is more to it, stand by.
Message 11 of 82
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous - thanks so much for pointing me to your other thread. You did an amazing job!

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 12 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Please don't do anything yet, as I'm learning some new things and will let you know when I'm done! They are regarding your issues.
Message 13 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wrong. Please read the updated Section A of the Primer and links.

I just learned alot though. RobertEG is the guru.
Message 14 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, updated it again, i think 2nd paragraph, plus added links down below in your interest section.
Message 15 of 82
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, updated it again, i think 2nd paragraph, plus added links down below in your interest section.

@Anonymous  - thanks for the details. Great read. It clarified that you could see a small boost when 120s age, but it seems COs don't improve with age no matter what. They could only get WORSE if they report an update - increasing the time since DOFD, which triggers length of derog = score hit.

Ultimately, I'm still not able to determine if the number of COs matter, though. I think it's obvious that multiple COs reporting will suppress score significantly, but if they are all finally settled, have a $0 balance, and no longer reporting - I don't see any quantifiable penalty PER each CO. So, if there's no aging of COs possible for improvement and you are penalized for having 1 CO (dirty scorecard), this leads me to believe that whether you have 1 CO or 20 COs, there doesn't appear to be any specific score penalty per TL that has a CO. It really is about getting them to stay quiet until they fall off or attempt GW delete. I'm not quite in a position to test this yet, but could in theory once I get my last CO settled on my reports. If I then get 1 deleted, I could see if there is a score bump. But to be frank, I'm a bit afraid to trigger an update on a sleeping CO by trying to get it GW deleted.

JOINED 4/2020

Message 16 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think you pretty much got the idea that’s what I understand as well. And it would be awesome to know if there is a quantifiable difference in having one deleted.

The only issue that might interfere is this. Since we now know it goes from the DOFD to the last update, which one of the COs has the highest number of days of delinquency?

The score drop may be based on the one with the highest number of days delinquent. So all COs are not created equal since they have differing periods of delinquency. So whether or not you get points may depend on whether it is the one with the highest Of delinquency. Something to think about.
Message 17 of 82
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I think you pretty much got the idea that’s what I understand as well. And it would be awesome to know if there is a quantifiable difference in having one deleted.

The only issue that might interfere is this. Since we now know it goes from the DOFD to the last update, which one of the COs has the highest number of days of delinquency?

The score drop may be based on the one with the highest number of days delinquent. So all COs are not created equal since they have differing periods of delinquency. So whether or not you get points may depend on whether it is the one with the highest Of delinquency. Something to think about.

This is a great point and helps me focus. I'm going to do some analysis and figure out what the POD (period of deliquency - just made up that acronym haha) is for each in my tracking spreadsheet. This will help me visualize it. Then once I get all the COs 0 balance and not reporting I would expect my scores to settle and then would have a chance to test getting 1 deleted, which would be at least 1 datapoint.

What's interesting is the 1st one hit today as settled with 0 balance (still waiting for 3 more to report) and my EX sub showed me a 22 point jump on EX8 and 9 points on EX2 with this one. It's an interesting dynamic between the 2 algos. The reason codes are too generic to be helpful since I still have "Past Due" and "High Util" even though my open cards are aggregate <9%. The algos consider those 3 COs to be maxxed out (learned that from your master thread). 

JOINED 4/2020

Message 18 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re pretty sharp and that’s a good acronym for it. I think I’ll use that. POD....We should probably say TPOD Total Period of Delinquency.

Yes that’s why you got those points is from the utilization decrease (Edit: It obviously outweighed the TPOD update penalty or it was being regularly updated). And yes, as your observations demonstrate, score 8 is more sensitive to utilization whereas score 2 is more sensitive to number of revolver/accounts with a balance.

Yeah that would be awesome if you would do that and report back data points you can add to our knowledge base that would be wonderful.

Since you still have remaining COs, maxed out cards, I guess that shows that individual utilization is not only based on the highest utilization card. If it were, you wouldn’t realize an increase because you still have cards maxed out. I’m assuming there were no other changes correct?

Yeah sometimes reason codes you don’t get enough on score 8 or you get too many to be useful on some versions. However keep an eye on them because that’s a clue to a scorecard reassignment.

Message 19 of 82
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re pretty sharp and that’s a good acronym for it. I think I’ll use that. POD....We should probably say TPOD Total Period of Delinquency.

Yes that’s why you got those points is from the utilization decrease (Edit: It obviously outweighed the TPOD update penalty or it was being regularly updated). And yes, as your observations demonstrate, score 8 is more sensitive to utilization whereas score 2 is more sensitive to number of revolver/accounts with a balance.

Yeah that would be awesome if you would do that and report back data points you can add to our knowledge base that would be wonderful.

Since you still have remaining COs, maxed out cards, I guess that shows that individual utilization is not only based on the highest utilization card. If it were, you wouldn’t realize an increase because you still have cards maxed out. I’m assuming there were no other changes correct?

Yeah sometimes reason codes you don’t get enough on score 8 or you get too many to be useful on some versions. However keep an eye on them because that’s a clue to a scorecard reassignment.

I really think I can isolate the COs because I don't have many other penalties at this point beyond that. I have the credit mix, no new accounts in 12 months, all good on installments (auto, home), and will be at AZE0 when the CO past dues drop to 0. No scoreable inquiries. Maybe my age plays (Avg age is about 4 years and oldest is 10+), but being in a dirty scorecard I don't think that matters?

JOINED 4/2020

Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.