Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring seems unfair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scoring seems unfair

It took me 8 months after I moved to get AT&T Uverse to stop billing me! I called giving a month's advance notice before the move with my cut off date. They sent an email confirming this along with instructions on how to print a label and return my equipment, which I promptly marched down to the UPS store and did.

Then, month after month I kept getting billed for service for a place I didn't even live in anymore (wasn't under any type of contract BTW). For the first few months they said it was a mistake and would be fixed. Then they starting claiming I owed for the service. They claimed for several months that I never returned the equipment- I said my UPS receipt begs to differ. In all it took me 8 months of cajoling, fit-pitching and at one point, even breaking down in tears of frustration to finally get the matter resolved. All the time sweating the thought that these azzhats would turn this bill over to collections. Luckily it didn't come to that.

I swore off cable after that. Bought my own equipment for my WIFI service instead of renting Comcast's and cut the cord on my cable. I don't miss the cable in the least. Hate that the WIFI is Comcast but options are limited in my neighborhood. A cable co. could jack your credit up in a second with no basis whatsoever. Document EVERYTHING. Lesson learned!
Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...  but IMO, that sounds miserable.  I am one of those crazy people that enjoys working, and when I retire, I want to enjoy retirement.  Not retire living on rice and playing guitar by myself because that is all I have! haha.  But seriously, good for you for making it happen.

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

• @Moneyklutzwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Moneyklutz wrote: Credit scores and the manner in how they are calculated are actually quite fair in my opinion.

...Needless to say, my CS dropped. Now to me this was not fair! There are a lot of stories like mine.

After the SOL ran out, I destroyed the box. It felt good!

Frustrating story... Cable companies in my opinion plop with a wet squishy sound into the same bucket as politicians and Nigerian email scammers. 

Remember though, your score is only calculated from the data provided to it. Garbage in really does equal garbage out.

In your case I'd blame the horrible experience you've had and subsequent score drop on your Cable provider, not FICO.

I feel sorry for you but I did chuckle envisioning the malfuntioning box meeting a well deserved demise.  Smiley Wink

The box was sent to a recycle center after I smashed it. Never did business with that cable provider again.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.