Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious delinquency on fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious delinquency on fico score

I've searched an found several topics over this subject but wanted to throw mine out there with a possible cause. I recently found my score dropped from 800 to 740 and there was a serious delinquency noted on both TU and experian but not equifax. I pulled full reports from annual credit report and nothing shows as late ever and all the agencies agreed with me.
After reading posts and people discussing possible causes around the time this delinquency is noted was when my lease car got totaled. It wasn't my fault insurance paid and I had GAP which covered the rest. I spoke with the lease company, Lexus financial, and they said don't worry as of date of loss the lease is terminated and you don't need to make payments. So my payments all show as current but under comments says "early termination/ins loss". I am wondering if under fico model that verbiage is what triggered the delinquency? Any insight by people more experienced in this matter than me would be helpful.
Thanks
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Serious delinquency on fico score

mmmm, thats very intersting. Where were you pulling your scores from?

Also, was that your only "loan" reporting?
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled reports from annualcreditreport. I followed up with Lexus financial and they said they reported no late payments and terminated the lease as a loss with repayment. I'm trying to reach out to fico to try and get ahold of someone who can maybe see what is triggering this. It does not show on my fico 2 score only the fico 8.
Message 3 of 37
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes..but was that your only installment loan reporting, thats now closed ?
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I've paid off or traded in several cars, sold a house, paid off my student loans so I've had several closed installment loans. So I'm perplexed as to why something is triggering a serious delinquency.
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a current home and car loan that are active installment loans.
Message 6 of 37
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

She's asking because an optimized fico score requires an open installment loan. If you don't have any open loans, you take a scoring penalty.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I responded a second time but yes I have current installment loans.
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me it seems to be the verbage of early termination. Perhaps if they just removed that and reported it as paid off/satisfied etc. Then those points might rebound? 

After all early temination of a Lease does have a certain negative connotation to it.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truly fascinating... haven't heard of this before. Don't really have any suggestions other than continue to follow up with either the lender or the CRAs, but the good news is that if it really is just a verbiage or catigorization issue, that can be fixed. It might take some time and many phone calls, but it can be corrected fairly easily.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.