cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Secure Loan SSL installment $500 vs $10k..how much?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Share Secure Loan SSL installment $500 vs $10k..how much?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been playing with the Credit Score Simultors at CAP one and CK, which indicate a higher Spending Limit for a new CC would result in a higher score boost (new $10 = +6 pts, new $10k = + 36pts.)....so as I get to higher limit CC(s), the higher my FICO scores will go up?

Part of that too is they're both simulating using VantageScore so it may affect something on that scoring model.  For example, one of the parameters CapOne tells me is "Available Credit" marked in increments of "Less than 2.5k", "2.5k to 15k", "15k to 50k", and "More than 50k".  FICO has no such parameter.

For instance I saw a huge fako jump for some reason when I crossed over $9500 total available credit but no FICO difference.  And my total usage has always been below 10% so it isn't just a ratio thing.  It's just the different scoring model, methinks.

Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Share Secure Loan SSL installment $500 vs $10k..how much?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been playing with the Credit Score Simultors at CAP one and CK, which indicate a higher Spending Limit for a new CC would result in a higher score boost (new $10 = +6 pts, new $10k = + 36pts.)....so as I get to higher limit CC(s), the higher my FICO scores will go up?

Part of that too is they're both simulating using VantageScore so it may affect something on that scoring model.  For example, one of the parameters CapOne tells me is "Available Credit" marked in increments of "Less than 2.5k", "2.5k to 15k", "15k to 50k", and "More than 50k".  FICO has no such parameter.

For instance I saw a huge fako jump for some reason when I crossed over $9500 total available credit but no FICO difference.  And my total usage has always been below 10% so it isn't just a ratio thing.  It's just the different scoring model, methinks.

That's just all marketing presentation TBH, doesn't have any bearing on the algorithm.

The scores and the reason codes are really the only reference data we have; everything else is anecdotal data analyzed for trends.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.