Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Some More DP's

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Sharing Some More DP's

Hello Everyone! I checked my Experian app this morning and my score went up another 6 points! Almost all of my scores are in the 700's except for EQ, which, funny enough, is my cleanest report.

So the only thing that changed was some inquiries aging 1 year. I had 3 INQ from 12/6/2017 and today would be the one year mark.

That's all! Just wanted to share some info. Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sharing Some More DP's

Can you quantify "some" above?

How any scoreable inquiries did you have prior to the score change and how many scoreable inquiries do you now have?  The number that changed may matter, but also the total number before/after since most believe that there are different "buckets" for inquiries.

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is good OP, allowing the inquiries to age without pulling more credit, maybe? I assume the 3 you mentioned are the only ones that hit a year?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you quantify "some" above?

How any scoreable inquiries did you have prior to the score change and how many scoreable inquiries do you now have?  The number that changed may matter, but also the total number before/after since most believe that there are different "buckets" for inquiries.

Prior to the score change I had 5 inquiries which were unscorable.

Right now I have 15 total inquiries:  5 from auto loans (all on the same day, so I guess they count as one?), 2 from credit cards, and 8 which are currently unscorable. So that makes 3 scorable inquiries at the moment. (IF the auto loan thing is true, which I believe it is). All of the new inquiries are from September/October of this year.

Please let me know if you need any more info!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 4 of 10
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:
That is good OP, allowing the inquiries to age without pulling more credit, maybe? I assume the 3 you mentioned are the only ones that hit a year?

I had 7 new inquiries in September/October. 5 of which were from auto loan shopping. The other 2 were from AMEX (approved) and BofA (denied). BofA was the only one who denied me on my app spree.

The 3 that hit a year were all from the same loan company, so I don't know why they pulled my credit 3 different times. It was a stupid mistake I made last year when I thought I needed a loan. Surprise! I didn't and am an idiot for calling the people I did. This was before I found this forum, though, so I have definitely learned from my mistakes.

Message 5 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Queen, did your average age of open accounts change? I noticed from your signature that 4 of the 6 cards you have with the date( I assume that is opened) passed the 3 month mark.  Could that be the reason for the increase?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 6 of 10
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

So I got a 20 point increase on the 1st when my AAoA went from 1 year 11 month to 2 years and my oldest account went from 11 years 11 months to 12 years. Then this morning, I got ANOTHER 6 point increase! Only difference is the 3 inquiries that reached the 1 year mark.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only 6 points for 3 inquiries?! You got ripped off!

Congrats your grace, since they were all for the same loan on the same day, they were probably scored as one in the FICO algorithm.

Message 8 of 10
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only 6 points for 3 inquiries?! You got ripped off!

Congrats your grace, since they were all for the same loan on the same day, they were probably scored as one in the FICO algorithm.

HAHA thanks! That would make sense. So in that case, it would only be 1 inquiry that technically stopped being scorable instead of the 3?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically yes.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.