Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘ Short Revolving History ‘ / ‘ Long Credit History ‘

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ‘ Short Revolving History ‘ / ‘ Long Credit History ‘

Also, @Anonymous , regarding the closed account counting towards certain metrics on TU4 is just to specific/granular of a thing to discern in a reasonable timeframe. It seems that I read that closed installments count towards something related to a specific aging metric (maybe AoOA) but not towards other things. It also could be related to another score variation or mortgage score variation. It's just so specific.

I can't tell if I'm at 9 of 22 AWB (open + closed) or 9 of 16 (open accts. only) or 9 of 17 (open accounts + closed revolver, excluding closed installment accts). 

It is also nearly impossible to tell if you are on the heels of a 6-month AAoA threshold because you just don't know what accounts to include for the SPECIFIC score you are looking for on a SPECIFIC bureau.

Below are full account details and the remaining inquiry. It just makes your head spin.

Account Listing.JPGRemaining Inquiry.JPG

Message 21 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, @Anonymous , regarding the closed account counting towards certain metrics on TU4 is just to specific/granular of a thing to discern in a reasonable timeframe. Ive been working on this but I've been so busy that I haven't been able to keep up with the delayed alerts to track it, it's been all I can do to try to keep up with EX2. It seems that I read that closed installments count towards something related to a specific aging metric (maybe AoOA) but not towards other things. they count towards all aging metrics except for those that are specifically for open accounts of which there are only a couple. It also could be related to another score variation or mortgage score variation. It's just so specific.

I can't tell if I'm at 9 of 22 AWB (open + closed) or 9 of 16 (open accts. only) or 9 of 17 (open accounts + closed revolver, excluding closed installment accts).  it's either all open or all accounts open and closed. We have already determined that EX2 includes closed accounts, but 5/4, IDK. 

It is also nearly impossible to tell if you are on the heels of a 6-month AAoA threshold because you just don't know what accounts to include for the SPECIFIC score you are looking for on a SPECIFIC bureau.  what do you mean by this? All TLs will count unless you're talking 8/9, then some authorized user accounts may not count. 

Below are full account details and the remaining inquiry. It just makes your head spin.

Account Listing.JPGRemaining Inquiry.JPG

@Anonymous see my bolded comments above.  I've still got to look at the graphic. 

Message 22 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous I just have a single inquiry on TU it is dated 5/4/20 (today is 5/3/21). 

@Anonymous I thought you had said one but then you used the plural, so I just wanted to double check. It might be worth checking tomorrow to see what you got. 

Message 23 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely will, if for no other reason than to contribute another DP to the community.

Message 24 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

"It is also nearly impossible to tell if you are on the heels of a 6-month AAoA threshold because you just don't know what accounts to include for the SPECIFIC score you are looking for on a SPECIFIC bureau.  what do you mean by this? All TLs will count unless you're talking 8/9, then some authorized user accounts may not count. "

I'm still talking only TU04. I just mean it's hard to discern whether you are at X years & 5 monts on AAoA when you don't know if you should include closed revolvers and closed installments. If you are saying that all TLs showing up on the report (5/4/2 only, so AUs are included here as well), then that makes it a bit easier. Thanks! 

Message 25 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"It is also nearly impossible to tell if you are on the heels of a 6-month AAoA threshold because you just don't know what accounts to include for the SPECIFIC score you are looking for on a SPECIFIC bureau.  what do you mean by this? All TLs will count unless you're talking 8/9, then some authorized user accounts may not count. "

I'm still talking only TU04. I just mean it's hard to discern whether you are at X years & 5 monts on AAoA when you don't know if you should include closed revolvers and closed installments. If you are saying that all TLs showing up on the report (5/4/2 only, so AUs are included here as well), then that makes it a bit easier. Thanks! 

@Anonymous absolutely every tradeline appearing on your credit report, whether open or closed, contributes to aging metrics except for collections. 

Collections are not original accounts and therefore do not contribute to any categories other than the Payment History category.

so you should be able to calculate all your aging metrics, and they utilize standard rounding, so you should be able to get exact answers.

And: any aging metric in months that is divisible evenly by 3, is suspect. ( @Anonymous's Rule of 3!)

Message 26 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous what is in question is whether closed accounts are included in the denominator of number of AWB for TU4 & EQ5. 

@Anonymous that and on 8/9 whether particular authorized user accounts are discounted. 

Message 27 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree @Anonymous.

Understanding that all TLs count in aging metrics (aside from AU excluded from 8/9) is a side conversation, but still very helpful. The real thing related to open/closed accounts related to my current TU4 reason codes is determining whether they count towards AWB, both numerator and denominator - but particularly denominator. You possibly have a bead on EX2 but the other 2 bureaus are tough to track. 

Step 1: figure out which accounts apply to the metric (open and/or closed) 

Step 2: calculate % number of accts. w/ balance

Step 3: get a feel for where thresholds lie for my specific card

step 4: Look for ways to reduce the numerator (pay off a TL or consolidate somehow without blowing up single TL util) and/or increase the denominator.

I think FICO's veil of secrecy may win out here. The info is just too scarce and this is a very specific situation.

Message 28 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree @Anonymous.

Understanding that all TLs count in aging metrics (aside from AU excluded from 8/9) is a side conversation, but still very helpful. The real thing related to open/closed accounts related to my current TU4 reason codes is determining whether they count towards AWB, both numerator and denominator - but particularly denominator. You possibly have a bead on EX2 but the other 2 bureaus are tough to track. 

Step 1: figure out which accounts apply to the metric (open and/or closed) 

Step 2: calculate % number of accts. w/ balance

Step 3: get a feel for where thresholds lie for my specific card

step 4: Look for ways to reduce the numerator (pay off a TL or consolidate somehow without blowing up single TL util) and/or increase the denominator.

I think FICO's veil of secrecy may win out here. The info is just too scarce and this is a very specific situation.

@Anonymous yeah the problem is does paying off a loan take it out of the denominator? If not you can reduce AWB. Closed accounts are in the denominator for EX2 but I cannot say with any certainty for TU4. 

however between the inquiries and bringing that balance down you may have enough points, but I think you need to reduce 1AWB Threshold as well. 

Message 29 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

So freaking helpful @Anonymous . I've had my mind stuck at 50% awb as one of the few awb thresholds. That made me think that it shouldn't be picking up closed accts in denominator to make it 9 of 22.  that I think about it, I remember 40% and 60% being a thing in some models. 9 of 22 is 41%. Maybe it's barking at me to hit the 40% awb. Hmmmmm.

Message 30 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.