Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short credit history, I am not able to get scores from myfico.com

tag
longtermgardener
New Contributor

Short credit history, I am not able to get scores from myfico.com

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this country and I have a credit history of just 10 months. When I try to get score from myfico, I was not able to. When I called customer care I was told that since my SSN is less than 18 months old, there is a security freeze on my report and asked me to contact credit bureaus and ask them to lift the freeze. When I called EQ they said there is no such security block on my report. I was able to get my free credit reports of EX and TU from annualcreditreport but EQ seems to be adamant and says for security reasons they are not able to process my request. However I was able to get scores from Credit karma, Credit Sesame and Quizzle. It looks like only Equifax is blocking access to my report. I recently signed up for EQ credit monitoring($16.95/mo) and it works well. I am not understanding why Equifax is not allowing myfico to access my report. What can be done about this?. Can anybody please help?.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Short credit history, I am not able to get scores from myfico.com

The scores you got from Credit Karma, Credit Seasame and Quizzle are not real FICO scores that is why it was easy.

Call EQ and ask them if you can get a copy of your report by mail.  You may need to provide identification to get it.

With the EQ monitoring do you get an EQ report?  If you do something doesn't seem right.

It takes 6 months of an account reporting in order to get a FICO score.  Do you have accounts on EQ?

Message 2 of 4
longtermgardener
New Contributor

I do get to see all account opened and history along with scores in EQ monitoring. I am able to access EQ report only through Equifax credit monitoring but not through external sites like myfico and annualcreditreport.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.