cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute an old/closed account?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Should I dispute an old/closed account?

I had a line of credit with Citi when I was banking with them. The LOC was active and always in good standing from 2004-2009. I closed it after paying the balance to 0 and switched to another bank. While going through my report (TU at least) in detail, it's listed as closed/paid full but the remarks say "CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR." The last part is incorrect.

Is this even worth disputing because it is one of my oldest accts, despite its closed status, that is still showing up on my my report? Because I'm not sure how it's factored into fico scoring. The remark doesn't sound good, but maybe I should leave it alone for the aging.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I dispute an old/closed account?

It doesn't factor into your credit. It would only, maybe, matter on a manual review. At that point, they'll ask about it if it's a concern. 

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

The comment has no bearing on your FICO score, nor would a lender even think twice about it upon a MR IMO.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for the reassurance. 👍🏼
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.