Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay for delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pay for delete?

Hello
I have a incorrect collection on my three reports..for $803...its over 6 years old...i've disputed it, but its still on there with a consumer statement saying i dont agree...should i offer to pay this for the deletion..its the only negative thing i have on my revolving or installinment credit history ever.

Thanks for reading and your help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pay for delete?

Why do you think it is incorrect? Are you positive?

Since you've already disputed it, I'm honestly not sure what your best course of action should be. Sorry. I've limited experience in that field.

I'm sure others will chime in shortly with their opinion/advice. Hang tight. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pay for delete?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello
I have a incorrect collection on my three reports..for $803...its over 6 years old...i've disputed it, but its still on there with a consumer statement saying i dont agree...should i offer to pay this for the deletion..its the only negative thing i have on my revolving or installinment credit history ever.

Thanks for reading and your help

Score wise... Over 6 years, it's about to disappear after 7 years and 1 month. Do nothing and it goes away soon. But if you feel you should pay it for other reasons, you can do that. I personally would be afraid to touch it after 6 years worried they would somehow make it stay or update on it. I might let it fall off then pay it if I felt I owed the money. But I'd just leave it until it falls off.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.