cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pull all 3 FICO scores at the same time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pull all 3 FICO scores at the same time?

I'm brand new (today), but have already learned a lot reading the boards.  I purchased the Platinum FICO kit and pulled my TU score, which was 692.  I know that's not good, but considering that when I pulled 2 years ago, I didn't exist, it's progress.  I submitted corrections (10 year old public record, no phone number, address that wasn't mine and missing employer of last 10 years).  Should I wait until this is corrected to pull the others, or do I have to correct them all individually?  I also want to find out if I have any chance of getting auto loan and credit card, don't want to risk the inquiries if I'll most likely be declined. I have a CapOne $300 card that has no balance, but no other credit, but close to a six figure income, with no debt.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I pull all 3 FICO scores at the same time?

on the contrary.. 692 is not bad at all! And yes, pull all three and post your results.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but turns out that was the high score--EX 658, EQ 677, have filed disputes for public record removal (paid and more than 7 years old).  Any recommendations on best bets for credit card/auto loan--or should I wait to improve after disputes? 
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

No worries. Like I said, 692 is not bad. I recommend Wells Fargo Financial as they almost always pull TU.

You should be able to qualify with HSBC or CAP1 as well.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, both turned me down in the past when I had no score.  Which one does WF bank use?  Do I have to buy 3 more reports in 30 days to make sure they've updated my CRs or do they notify me?
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ljr8 wrote:
Thanks, both turned me down in the past when I had no score.  Which one does WF bank use?  Do I have to buy 3 more reports in 30 days to make sure they've updated my CRs or do they notify me?

The bank is hit and miss depending on where you live. Usually Experian though. Actually, you have to buy new reports each time you want to confirm any expected changes or get new scores. The current report you bought is static and is viewable for 30 days.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.