Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Many Scores, not all of them perfect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Many Scores, not all of them perfect

So my FICO8 is in good shape. . .850, but some of the other scores, FICO2 (829) FICO Auto Score 2 (849) BankCard 2 (859) are in the same ballpark.  Given that they're all in the "exceptional" category, should I really care if they're not all 850,900,900? Seems to me in trying to achieve higher scores I'd have to take on additional debt.  Can we assume that if, overall, the scores fall into the same "category" that further tinkering is fun. . .but a waste of time?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: So Many Scores, not all of them perfect

You're golden with scores over 800. Older versions of FICO can be more sensitive to certain variables. 
Managing is all you really need to do. Unless you want to tinker.

Message 2 of 3
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: So Many Scores, not all of them perfect

I don't think it matters at this point unless you're in it for fun or to toy around to see how the scoring systems work in each category.  I'm not seeking new credit just to raise a score that's for sure. Even if it drops somewhat, you're still in a good position. I do peek at the other scores just to have an idea of what triggers changes. I think it's interesting. But, that's about it. 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.