cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some light reading for the FICO nerds. Number of cards reporting DPs: 80% to AZEO in 20% increments.

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Some light reading for the FICO nerds. Number of cards reporting DPs: 80% to AZEO in 20% increme

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 Rev is right, it would be great to see 4 reason codes for TU8. So if you're willing to do a few months (so you cover before and after that dropping), that would be great! Please give us the DP's, if you do!

@Anonymous The plan is to start monitoring in August so I can get a feel for the mechanics of how the site operates. I'll get whatever the top tier service is and probably keep it at least through December. I'm assuming it's probably best to sign up and run my first 3B pull on the 1st? So the last late was reported on 10/6/18 and then reported current on 11/6. Should I expect to see gains on 11/1, or not until after 11/6? I'm hoping for a decent increase, but not completely sure what to expect.

@Revelate Your scores are pretty solid, and it gives me hope of not having to wait for spotless reports to achieve some high numbers. How recent was you last late? I've seen you post it a few times before but can't remember timeframes. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some light reading for the FICO nerds. Number of cards reporting DPs: 80% to AZEO in 20% increme

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 Rev is right, it would be great to see 4 reason codes for TU8. So if you're willing to do a few months (so you cover before and after that dropping), that would be great! Please give us the DP's, if you do!

@Anonymous The plan is to start monitoring in August so I can get a feel for the mechanics of how the site operates. I'll get whatever the top tier service is and probably keep it at least through December. I'm assuming it's probably best to sign up and run my first 3B pull on the 1st? So the last late was reported on 10/6/18 and then reported current on 11/6. Should I expect to see gains on 11/1, or not until after 11/6? I'm hoping for a decent increase, but not completely sure what to expect.

@Revelate Your scores are pretty solid, and it gives me hope of not having to wait for spotless reports to achieve some high numbers. How recent was you last late? I've seen you post it a few times before but can't remember timeframes. 

Whenever you have an impending change, the best way to isolate it is to have a before and after 3B to compare. If they are a month apart, who knows what other changes have occurred, and if your DP's are conflated, they're useless.

So, 2 MF options: you can just buy an extra 3B or you can strategically time and save your monthly 3Bs: When MF credits you your monthly 3B, it's up to you when you use it. You can use it anytime up until the monthly anniversary when it would expire and the following month's is made available for you to pull at your convenience. 

So personally I like to keep one available at all times, pretty much. Many times, I have to go ahead and pull my 3B before I lose it because if you don't use it before the next month's becomes available on the anniversary, you lose it. 

With that said, if you do yours on the first as you suggest you can always hold that one until the end of the month. And then for instance if something were going to happen on the first, you could use the saved one on the last day of the month and then on the first another would become available and you could use it.

But, since you're late should be removed on the sixth, I believe you will want a 3B from both the fifth and the sixth, so you may want to start your 3Bs on the sixth. That way when you get ready, you can hold one all the way till the fifth of the following month and pull it on the fifth. Then the following day on the sixth your next monthly pull would become available and you could use it on the 6th. Then you would have one from both the fifth and sixth and you could isolate the data points.

I say the above based on the premise that lates drop off on the specific date. I honestly don't whether lates drop off on the first or on the exact date. However I'm pretty sure they come off on the actual day, not the first. However I'm sure someone with knowledge/experience will chime in and let us know for sure.

If they did come off on the first, then I would suggest getting it on the first and holding it until the 31st as discussed above, so you would have one to pull on the 31st and then another one for the first, depending on the month of course.

That would be my humble opinion.

Message 32 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

April 2018: just over 2 years for a 60D late.

To be clear the late is only on TU, it is not on EQ/EX if looking at my signature scores but it's still surprisingly high to me.  

I have to admit I am rethinking how delinquencies are counted besides the obvious things we didn't know as more data comes in... end of the day FICO is not design to determined if you are going to be late it analyzes if you are going to default.

For people that went late but got righteous I wonder how that's factored or if there is something more to file thickness as several years ago with just a 30/60 on my TU report just before it was excluded, it was 30 points lower.

Can't really determine from one data set admittedly but some of the outliers we have had over the years like that near 800 with a 90D late just before exclusion I am really starting to think those were totally legit vs something in the public record scorecards (including collections) where people basically couldn't break 760 or maybe 765, was totally concrete ceiling seemingly.

        
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RevelateI don’t know if you ever went back and read the primer again, but I totally updated the section on payment history/delinquencies based on some research I did. Would definitely appreciate your thoughts and it definitely looks at delinquencies a little differently/more deeply.

Does a collection segment you into the public record scorecards or do you stay in the delinquency scorecards?

Message 34 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RevelateI don’t know if you ever went back and read the primer again, but I totally updated the section on payment history/delinquencies based on some research I did. Would definitely appreciate your thoughts and it definitely looks at delinquencies a little differently/more deeply.

Does a collection segment you into the public record scorecards or do you stay in the delinquency scorecards?

Public record scorecard

1 Collection + delinquencies going to just delinquency we have seen scores drop: different scorecard for certain.

        
Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheKid2 The plot thickens.

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate is that on all versions?
Message 37 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@Revelateis that on all versions?

From my own data 98/04/8 yes.

From what I have seen of others of 9, also the case.

        
Message 38 of 44
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheKid2 The plot thickens.

Thanks for the ping, this is VERY intertesting. If Collections are lumped into the PR scorecard, I can't really understand if that makes sense. CAs are very reasonable to get removed, in fact with many CAs a PFD is almost becoming standard. Yet, the other PRs like a judgment or BK - those aren't getting removed.

Now for someone like me with COs, which most say is the worst derog that's not a PR, if that's not in the PR scorecard that is even more interesting - how do the algos differentiate between 120 and a CO? Is 150 or 180 a real thing or does it go 120 -> CO? and if the algo is only scoring the WORST status on the account, it essentially ignores the payment history leading to the CO and just penalizes as a CO (almost like getting free lates). and if COs don't age at all, I don't see how much improvement I can make. Because this raises the obvious question I wanted to research next, what is the cap on the dirty scorecard?

I am 1 balance update away from an AZEO test and AMEX is killing me - 6 days from statement close (paid it off) and they still haven't reported the $0 balance. Killing me.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 39 of 44
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@TheKid2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheKid2 

I am 1 balance update away from an AZEO test and AMEX is killing me - 6 days from statement close (paid it off) and they still haven't reported the $0 balance. Killing me.

I have seen multiple posts about AMEX not reporting over the past several weeks. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.