Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree Penalty

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: Spree Penalty

Or, alternatively, maybe a spree penalty is still affecting Remi's score, but its magnitude shrunk in November, for whatever reason, such that it is no longer displayed?

She has fewer than four reasons shown in Nov. and Feb. Might reasons associated with penalties below a certain magnitude not to be displayed?

Message 31 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Or, alternatively, maybe a spree penalty is still affecting Remi's score, but its magnitude shrunk in November, for whatever reason, such that it is no longer displayed?

She has fewer than four reasons shown in Nov. and Feb. Might reasons associated with penalties below a certain magnitude not to be displayed?

@Curious_George2 that's an interesting thought about the spree Penalty.

However to my knowledge if more points could be awarded, then that negative Reason code should appear, with the caveat that: only the 4-5 most important appear, and unless your score is too high to show you some codes. I've never heard of any other method.

Message 32 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

That's how I thought things worked too, but it's getting harder to reconcile that belief with the evidence. Remi's Feb. score shown above is 761. So she's losing at least 83 or 89 points (depending on whether 850 or 844 is regarded as the max, and whether there's a buffer). But only two reasons are shown by the EX CMS. You don't think Short Account History and Accounts With Balances are costing Remi 80-some points and the persnickety EX2 isn't taking off any points for anything else, do you?

Message 33 of 91
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If it helps, I had that negative reason code prior to scorecard reassignment and after scorecard reassignment. 

Accounts with balances are 3 out of 14, two revolvers, one loan (at 69%).

There are additional closed accounts, but I doubt they matter here. 

No scorable inquiries, utilization rounded to 1%, not sure if EX cares about raw dollar amounts, currently reporting $2085.00

It's not just EX CMS, MF monitoring also only shows those two reasons. 

@Curious_George2  sorry about highjacking your thread 

Message 34 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

It's all good. Seems totally on-topic to me. 

Message 35 of 91
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Reme would it be worth posting your account open dates and walking the math backwards?   I probably am similar with an opulent tradeline file and have the reason code now but I have some one year anniversaries coming up.

My data for comparison: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AZEO-VS-AZE2-DATA-PULL/m-p/6253466#M1836...

General thoughts on what might be different: file thickness could come into play if it is a ratio of new accounts to either open or all tradelines I suppose.

Also it's possible it could be CU tradeline squirreliness too. 

Otherwise not sure, but I am slightly amused that Reme with even a squeakier clean file than me (only 2 reason codes?  You go girl!) and I am still slightly higher score hah.

I am victorious!

        
Message 36 of 91
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Revelate wrote:

Reme would it be worth posting your account open dates and walking the math backwards?   I probably am similar with an opulent tradeline file and have the reason code now but I have some one year anniversaries coming up.

General thoughts on what might be different: file thickness could come into play if it is a ratio of new accounts to either open or all tradelines I suppose.

Also it's possible it could be CU tradeline squirreliness too. 

Otherwise not sure, but I am slightly amused that Reme with even a squeakier clean file than me (only 2 reason codes?  You go girl!) and I am still slightly higher score hah.

I am victorious!

09/17 Loan closed 

10/17

11/17

11/17 revolver closed 

11/17 CU TL 

11/17 

03/18

11/18

12/18

04/19

06/19

11/19

11/19 CU TL 

11/19

01/20 

03/20 Loan open 

ETA removed 2/18, that was an error 

Message 37 of 91
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Lol @Revelate  how many people can day their EX2 BC is higher than EX8 classic and right behind EX8 BC 

Screenshot_20210211-065554_Experian.jpg

Message 38 of 91
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

(Number of reasons displayed on a CMS) =/= (Number of reasons in effect)

The two screen snips below show the same score (779), the same bureau (EX), the same score version (F8) on the same day (1/9/2021), for the same person (moi). The first is from the Experian. The second is from Amex. Note the different number of negative factors displayed.

EX8 Jan 9 via Experian.PNG

EX8 Jan 9 via Amex.PNG 

Message 39 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, different sources can definitely provide different amounts of reason statements.  The best example is when you cross certain thresholds (say, 800) and one source stops providing reason statements all together, where others still will give them.

Message 40 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.