Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stalled credit score

tag
vonnie5603
Established Member

Re: Stalled credit score

I could pay it, but more than likely Midland won't delete it. So I figured leave it. I was going to wait it out because it's so old. Almost 5 years, I think.
If I pay it they would definitely have to agree to delete it from my CR (they haven't so far). It has already been weighing me down I don't want it to continue to do so as a paid collection for another 7 years.
Starting Score: 563
Current Score: EX 675 TU 697 EQ 693
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HSN- NY&Co - William Sonoma- Venus- Express- Victoria Secret
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you attempted to negotiate a PFD? Depending on lender, some have reported easy and quick success with them.
Message 12 of 18
vonnie5603
Established Member

I tried PFD- it was a no go. I'll try again, maybe I'll have better luck in 2018.

Message 13 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Once you get positive history (which you have) it's not uncommon to see your scores flatline; I have spent a year or more at various points of my credit build / cleanup, where the only things I could really do to make a meaningful difference were non-trivial utilization, or taking inquiries.

Whether you're at that point or not hard to say, but with 120D lates from 2017 (recent, major deliquency) you're going to be stuck in neutral until the various things come off... which include the CO aging out too.  

There's no quick fixes to credit unless you're a no file and establishing credit, or getting most if not all derogatory information off... for me, well, you can see my forum registration date and I only just got clean(ish) this year as there wasn't anything I could do about a Cali state tax lien so it can be a long journey though it doesn't sound like yours will be that long from what you posted.

        
Message 14 of 18
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Searching the forums about Midland, came upon this post from a year ago, worth a try. In essence, if Date of First Deferment is over 2 years old, and you pay, they will delete it. I do not know 100%. But worth a look. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Midland-Funding-Collection-Deletion/td-p/4813...

Message 15 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@vonnie5603 wrote:
Okay great! I'm crossing my fingers for a score jump when my student loans update to 0 lates. That should get me a decent rate when I refinance.

Good, I'm glad you're going to heed CGID's advice.

It is important to remember that one of the most important factors in improving your scores is.... t.i.m.e.  Right now you have more than enough credit lines open. One thing you can do to boost your scores is to go through a period with no new hard inquiries, and no new accounts. If you do nothing else but pay everything down, and wait... your scores will go up.

As the auto loan balance goes down, that will give some aid to your scores.  But of course once you refinance you'll lose that benefit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 18
vonnie5603
Established Member

wrote:

@vonnie5603 wrote:
Okay great! I'm crossing my fingers for a score jump when my student loans update to 0 lates. That should get me a decent rate when I refinance.

Unfortunately there's a very good chance that your score will increase very little once your student loans become clean and those 120 day lates are removed.  The reason is because you still have a collection present; major score improvements don't happen unless you remove your final major baddie.  Since the collection is 3 years or so older than your 120 day late(s), your last major will be a bit older than is the case currently, so it's possible you may see a score increased based on the age difference.  I wouldn't expect it to be more than 15-20 points though honestly, where when you remove your final major baddie most report a score increase in the 50-100 point range.  Is there anything you can do to attempt to get that collection removed?

Good news and bad news. Finally all my lates were removed at the end of January and BrutalBodyShots was right. My score only improved slightly. Now, I have 1 collection to deal with and 1 charge-off. Both should be taken care of this month

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news and bad news. Finally all my lates were removed at the end of January and BrutalBodyShots was right. My score only improved slightly. Now, I have 1 collection to deal with and 1 charge-off. Both should be taken care of this month

I see this as all good news.  Any time you get negative information removed from your credit report, even if it doesn't result in a significant score gain, it's win.  Less dirty accounts = always better.  Now you just have to get those last 2 removed, which it sounds like you will very soon and your scores should jump up significantly.  That will be some great news for sure!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.