cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange conflicting message on TU report

tag
nickkilla

Strange conflicting message on TU report

So I just pulled my TU and Eq reports from myfico.

EQ had many inqs (2 hard pulls from each of my CC providers a few days apart) so I can understand the 683.

My TU is a 705 yet in things that hurt your credit it mentions my outstanding balance of $700 is too high yet on the postive things it "rewards" me for keeping a 8% util ($700 on one card with a CL of $7500 (total CL of all cards $9250).

Something goof here? I thought keeping a balance under 10% Util and on one card was the perferred method yet my report says different as the TU dropped 8 points from last month.

USAA World MC 7500 * Discover IT 2500 *

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: TU724(MF) EQ712(MF) EX697 (MF)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Strange conflicting message on TU report

@nickkilla wrote:

So I just pulled my TU and Eq reports from myfico.

EQ had many inqs (2 hard pulls from each of my CC providers a few days apart) so I can understand the 683.

My TU is a 705 yet in things that hurt your credit it mentions my outstanding balance of $700 is too high yet on the postive things it "rewards" me for keeping a 8% util ($700 on one card with a CL of $7500 (total CL of all cards $9250).

Something goof here? I thought keeping a balance under 10% Util and on one card was the perferred method yet my report says different as the TU dropped 8 points from last month.

Don't believe everything you read as far as the perfect answer for your situation on those reports it's ....guess-ta-mating Smiley Sad

Welcome to the forum

Because you are correct keep UTL <9% 

Preferably 1-9%

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

The list of factors that hurt your score will show up even if the score is above 800.

So I wouldn't put too much stock in the list of reasons.

It would be a better investment of time to read articles on how FICO weights various factors like payment history and utilization.

Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The link below may help answer your question

http://www.scoreinfo.org/FICO-Scores/Pages/Score-Factors.aspx

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.