Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck at TU759/EX752

I have a very stable credit pattern at the moment:

- Four cards: Amex Platinum/Gold/BonvoyBrilliant + BoA Cash Rewards

- AZEO with reported utilization on single card around 1%

- AoOA at 22 months

- Average age around 15 months

- youngest card from July 2019 and no enquiries since.

- one enquiry in the past year

With 8 months of gardening I was hoping to see some progress by now, but I have been stuck at TU759/EX752 for the past four months or so. Is this the best I can do with my mix or is there further upside?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Stuck at TU759/EX752

If you don't have an open installment loan on your reports you might consider opening an SSL (Share Secured Loan) with a credit union. That would boost your scores 10 to 20 points and make it easier to get an auto loan in the future. Auto loan lenders like to see a history of paying back installment loans.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been gardening awhile now 18+ months and haven't seen much of a change other than when my youngest account aged. For instance, my youngest account just turned 1yr 6mo old and I received 2 - 3 points.

Message 3 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Once your AoYA, AoYR reaches 12 months, you can except a score bump of 10-15 points.

Also, if you received a penalty for hard pull inquiry, you should gain those points back at the 365 day mark from time of pull.

Message 4 of 7
donkort
Valued Contributor

You seem to have a young file.  Scores will go up as it ages gracefully.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I was stuck at those scores lol. Seriously though your card lineup is great for a young file. SSL is a good idea for diversity and to prepare your profile for a future car loan, and it'll help your scores too. The biggest thing now is time - age your accounts and hold off on applying if you don't need to. Tend to your accounts, maintain payment and usage as you should and your scores will grow.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So you have a good amount of credit, however,  if your trying to get the score up the algorythm that determines scores looks at the time period of the accounts and if they are less than between 36-48 months your still considered risky.   Your score is really good but only time will help you get the score higher at this point for you.  I wouldnt do anything new because opening up new accounts can lower your score, credit card usage is determined by each individual account and not all the accounts together.  Let time be your helper in raising your score. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.