cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loan flagged as derogatory yet no negative information?

tag
thcredit

Student loan flagged as derogatory yet no negative information?

I have a student loan that myFICO has flagged as having a serious delinquency on equifax, yet there's no late payment or any other negative information on the account.   The flag on myFICO says the delinquency was 3yrs 2mos ago.

Credit report is completely clean.  It's only when creditors pull my credit score that they get a low score and a note that there is a serious delinquency.

Anyone knows what's going on?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Student loan flagged as derogatory yet no negative information?

Have you pulled from annualcreditreport.com?  You get one free from each CRA every 12 months.

See what is on those.

Message 2 of 5
thcredit

Yes,  I've checked my report 20 different ways, paper copy, annualcreditreport, equifax.com, etc   I"ve talked to several equifax CSRs and all agree, there is nothing negative on the report, period.

Here is what myFICO shows:

You've recently been paying your bills on time.

Your most recent late payment happened3 Years, 2 Months ago

Most FICO High Achievers [?], about 93%, have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

While you have missed payments in the past, you have recently been paying your bills on time, which has helped your FICO score. Staying current with your bills will continue to help your score.

Message 3 of 5
thcredit

Here is what the flagged account looks like:

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account number [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Apr, 2010
Mar, 1996
Mar, 2010
XXXXXXX
$23,503
Installment
Individual
$135
Miscellaneous
Descriptions [?]
  • Student loan assigned to government
  • Closed or paid account / zero balance

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Pays account as agreed
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported
The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Why does it say student loan assigned to government?  That usually means you have defaulted.  If that isn't the case that remark should be removed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.