Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise TU 24 Point Increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise TU 24 Point Increase!

After about a month of little to no movement, I just got an alert that my Transunion score had increased 24 points.

I'm not complaining. I'm just perplexed. After paying off my last 2 open collections, the score barely moved a couple points. Then I got restless and app'd (and was approved...yay!)  for a Cap1 QS1 card last week. I was sure I would lose points with the inquiry, since I already had too many on TU. Got notified when the INQ hit, but no change in score.

Then suddenly, this afternoon...wham! 24 points came seemingly out of nowhere. And on TU no less, which has always been my lowest by far. I thought maybe one of my collections had finally come off (I did a PFD  on it and have been waiting seemingly forever for them to remove it), but nope. It's still there.

Oh well! I'm just gonna take the win and hope the others follow suit. TU is no longer my lowest. Now I'm looking at you Experian...you just gonna let TU punk you like that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprise TU 24 Point Increase!

I got the same gift of points from TU. I have no clue what it's tied to as I have a settled account, an app, and new trade lines that are not showing on TU here.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats all!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

i just got 23 pts on TU today as well, opened a secure cap one cc last month, not sure why it would jump like that.

any idea if and when my TU FICO 4 May go up as well?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the same gift of points from TU. I have no clue what it's tied to as I have a settled account, an app, and new trade lines that are not showing on TU here.

My QS1 isn't reporting yet either. In fact, it was in the mail when I got home tonight, so I just activated it. Congrats on your increase! May they keep coming...Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

i just got 23 pts on TU today as well, opened a secure cap one cc last month, not sure why it would jump like that.

any idea if and when my TU FICO 4 May go up as well?

Woohoo! Congrats to you too. Did your Cap1 account report yet?

Not sure how any of it is tied to FICO 4. I'm waiting for that collection that I PFD'd to get removed before I pull new reports.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.