Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sw tells me your score has gone up 8 points - to 803

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sw tells me your score has gone up 8 points - to 803

oh cool thanks for providing that link, a lot of stuff makes sense now lol! i still don't understand how MV got an alert
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats MV-
Message 22 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
i thought "score watch" wasn't functioning anymore....???

Scorewatch is functioning; they've just removed one of the triggers (score change) that didn't used to work very well anyway. They removed it because somehow it was interfering with info moving back and forth between myFICO and Equifax, which was partially responsible for people not getting alerts. I think. Smiley Tongue

What I use, and what I have always used, is getting an alert from a change from target score. The moment that I buy a new EQ score report, and I mean before I even look on all the screens, I re-set my target score to the newest score that I just pulled. If the score moves either up or down from that, it should alert.

The catch is that if you re-set the target some period of time later than when you most recently pulled, your score might have quietly changed from what's showing on your report. So if your score went from 680 to 685, and you didn't know it, and so you set your target to 680, it could move on to 690 and you wouldn't be alerted. It seems that the new score has to "cross" or leave the target to set off the alert. (This is now the totality of my shaky understanding of this!)

Other than that, it's a reasonable alert system. It always worked for me, except during a period that they had to reload my info.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for making it easier to understand
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...I can only dream of what it feels like....Smiley Tongue
Message 25 of 26
cam006
Contributor

Congrats MV!

I'll get there someday!!!

7/11/08: EQ: 635, TU: 658, EX: 607
10/10: TU 634, EQ 626, Ex 626
9/14/2012: TU 622, EQ 660
10/16/2012: TU 731, EQ 706 - finally on my way!
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.