Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet! New balance reporting, 4 Inq's...+6pts

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Sweet! New balance reporting, 4 Inq's...+6pts

Sweet.  I forgot about an auto pay for my Directtv, and a previously reporting $0 balance now reported $154.

I also had 4 INQ's in the past 2 wks....EX 08 score +6 pts. to 717 !! Awesome sauce.

I love this messed up scoring system.  My mismanaged expectations have finally been met.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sweet! New balance reporting, 4 Inq's...+6pts

Sounds like an aging milestone helped you out. 

Message 2 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Aging? Idk about that. Went from 2,2 yrs to 2,3 yrs AAoA on EX. I wouldnt think that would be considered a scoring milestone.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any cards under 24 months old..... Yeah.... Completely possible. Even more likely if they're under or at 12 months old.
Message 4 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Eric- so would it be safe to say that i may have gained many more points if i didnt have 2 new inq's on EX (i know i posted 4 inq's earlier in the thread, but that was across all 3 bureaus), and a new balance reporting that was previously $0?

Ive gotten dinged 8 to 20 pts for a new balance reporting and figure 2-3 pts for each new INQ

I couldnt imagine gaining 15 pts because my AAoA increased by 1 month.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I said... Its probably not AAoA specifically. As your new accounts age... They become less of a negative over time.
Message 6 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Ive got at least 10 accts less than a year old
Message 7 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@racer-x wrote:
Aging? Idk about that. Went from 2,2 yrs to 2,3 yrs AAoA on EX. I wouldnt think that would be considered a scoring milestone.

Scoring rounds down AAoA so both 2.2 and 2.3 years are scored as a 2 year AAoA.

It was something else that changed in your profile that caused the slight increase.

But it's very common for scores to go up and down a few points each and every month at least IME.

Message 8 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

The only changes were changes that would negatively affect the EX score. 2 mew inqs and an acooint reporting a balance.

I spend about 200 a month in monitoring plus all the free sites. I know when there is a change to the info given to the bureaus
Message 9 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

EX is clean btw
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.