Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet! New balance reporting, 4 Inq's...+6pts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sweet! New balance reporting, 4 Inq's...+6pts

I have fairly young cards as well... I've historically always seen score increases at 3-6-12 month intervals as the accounts age and become older... This is a pretty widely reported occurence. Remember 15% of your score is new accounts. As the accounts age they become less of an impact.

Message 11 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have fairly young cards as well... I've historically always seen score increases at 3-6-12 month intervals as the accounts age and become older... This is a pretty widely reported occurence. Remember 15% of your score is new accounts. As the accounts age they become less of an impact.

It's actually 10%.

What's In Your Score

Message 12 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Still doesnt seem logical that a 1 month increase in AAoA would offset the negative score effects of new INQ's and an account reporting a balance that was previously $0.....and still gain 6 pts on top of that.
Message 13 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

This is my other thread with myficos explanation of the 6 pt increase.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/High-Utilization-6-pts-heck-yea/td-p/3836...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get AAoA out of your head.... Were not talking about average of anything. Its new accounts becoming less negative. My scores went from 715's to 780-800 the past 9 months without hitting an AAoA milestone. I won't hit AAoA until May.
Message 15 of 16
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You need to get AAoA out of your head.... Were not talking about average of anything. Its new accounts becoming less negative. My scores went from 715's to 780-800 the past 9 months without hitting an AAoA milestone. I won't hit AAoA until May.

In post 2, you referenced 'aging milestone'.  I thought you were talking about AAoA.  So you put it in my head lol.

I really didn't post a question in my opening threads...wasn't looking for answers,  Although I would like to have heard some perspectives on the score changes that seem to make no sense at all.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.