cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU 4 - Balance & Recent Account Reason Statements

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

TU 4 - Balance & Recent Account Reason Statements

TU 4 was still showing Recently Opened New Account at 1yr 2mo AoYA/AoYRA.

It also showed High Revolving Balances with $538 in total balances reporting.

And that reason statement moved from #4 to #2 when the total changed from $538 to $1214.

I'm wondering if others with much longer credit history are seeing something similar.

I tend to think that everything is more sensitive for me because the age of my entire credit file is so young - under 3 years total history with under 2 years total revolving history. There's bound to be a lot more defaults in the scorecards my profile gets assigned to.

TU FICO 4 - Monthly 3B Change Tracking

JAN 10

Short credit history

No recent loan activity

Recently opened new credit account

High revolving balances

FEB 10

Short credit history

High revolving balances

No recent loan activity

Recently opened new credit account

Report Metrics

Aggr %/ Bal

(Indv % / Bal ) / # Accts Reporting

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

JAN 10

5% [4.90] / $538

(0% [$0], 6% [$538]) / 1 [50%]

2yr 1mo

1yr 5mo

1yr 1mo

1yr 1mo

1yr 1mo

1yr 1mo

FEB 10

9% [8.99] / $1214

(9% [$179], 9% [$1035]) / 2 [100%]

2yr 2mo

1yr 6mo

1yr 2mo

1yr 2mo

1yr 2mo

1yr 2mo

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of ResilienceEQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard

48 forum members have shared this new credit score. Share yours today!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: TU 4 - Balance & Recent Account Reason Statements

I would say your young file has a lot to do with that.  I've never seen a balance-related reason statement for my TU4 score.  I only get my top 2 negative statements provided to me though (through my mortgage company).  I've had 4-digit balances report on revolvers and haven't seen a statement point to balances.  My top 2 are always the same:  Length of time accounts have been established and Length of time revolving accounts have been established.  Not really sure what's holding me back there.  My AoOA is 19 years, AAoA around 8 years, AoYA around 3.5 years.  The oldest/youngest above are the same for my revolving accounts, as my oldest account and newest are revolvers.  Not sure what my AAoRA is as I've never computed it, but my guess would be 5-6 years.  I should also add that my TU4 sits at 819 currently.

Message 2 of 17
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

I would say your young file has a lot to do with that.  I've never seen a balance-related reason statement for my TU4 score.  I only get my top 2 negative statements provided to me though (through my mortgage company).  I've had 4-digit balances report on revolvers and haven't seen a statement point to balances.  My top 2 are always the same:  Length of time accounts have been established and Length of time revolving accounts have been established.  Not really sure what's holding me back there.  My AoOA is 19 years, AAoA around 8 years, AoYA around 3.5 years.  The oldest/youngest above are the same for my revolving accounts, as my oldest account and newest are revolvers.  Not sure what my AAoRA is as I've never computed it, but my guess would be 5-6 years.  I should also add that my TU4 sits at 819 currently.

Thanks for the details! Have you ever seen 'Recently opened new credit account' after 1 year on TU 4? EQ5 and EX2 dropped it at AoYA 1yr , with TU 4 still showing it at 1yr 2mo.

I've seen 3 different reason statements on EQ5 related to balances in the $538 to $1214 aggregate balance range (everything at or below 9%):

1. Balances on non-mortgage credit accounts are too high
  2. High revolving balances
  3. Heavy use of revolving credit

FICO 5

EQ

[Change]

Short credit history, Balances on non-mortgage credit accounts are too high, Short revolving credit history, High revolving balances

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, High revolving balances, Heavy use of revolving credit

FICO 2

EX

[Change]

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, High revolving balances, Too many accounts with balances

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Message 3 of 17
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I have never seen that statement for my TU4 score.  I wouldn't think that an AoYA of more than 12 months would hold back that score much, but if the statement is still there it's obviously still impacting it.  I would imagine like with other scoring models that the bulk of the points come back at 12 months.

Message 4 of 17
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@CassieCard I've been wanting to know this really bad!! Cuz I thought some of old ones had a higher threshold, but apparently its only TU4 that does! This clears EX2 and EQ5 conclusively then at 12 months as well? Just TU4 we are waiting for. So glad you are discovering this. Will be a few more months for me to test and confirm on my scorecard, but I'm sure they're the same.

And BBS, its not score, its scorecard reassignment! TU4 (and maybe EQ5) has a threshold other than 12 months like the rest, for scorecard segmentation.

@Trudy 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 5 of 17
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

This clears EX2 and EQ5 conclusively then at 12 months as well?

For EX 2, it disappeared on the AoYRA 1yr 0mo report in December 2019.

For EQ 5, I've never seen 'Recently opened new account', going back to the first month I had 2 credit cards reporting. Just Seeking Credit.

This is also the report showing a -22 drop on EX 2 with the same exact balances/#accts/everything reporting for AoYRA 1yr 0mo.

And all of a sudden, $538 triggered 'High revolving balances' when it did not at AoYRA 11mo.

FICO 5

EQ

[Change]

Short credit history, High revolving balances, Short revolving history, Seeking credit

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history

FICO 4

TU

+11

[Change]

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Recently opened new credit account, High revolving balances

Short credit history, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history, Recently opened new credit account

FICO 2

EX

[Change]

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit, High revolving balances

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

Message 6 of 17
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

For EQ 5, I've never seen 'Recently opened new account', going back to the first month I had 2 credit cards reporting. Just Seeking Credit.

This is also the report showing a -22 drop on EX 2 with the same exact balances/#accts/everything reporting for AoYRA 1yr 0mo.

And all of a sudden, $538 triggered 'High revolving balances' when it did not at AoYRA 11mo.

FICO 5

EQ

[Change]

Short credit history, High revolving balances, Short revolving history, Seeking credit

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history

FICO 4

TU

+11

[Change]

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Recently opened new credit account, High revolving balances

Short credit history, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history, Recently opened new credit account

FICO 2

EX

[Change]

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit, High revolving balances

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

I noticed the same regarding new accounts.  I assume @Birdman7 tagged me based on a lengthy back and forth we had on 8/1 & 8/2 regarding the same thing.

FICO - 8: 11/19/20 AU 8 BC 8
FICO - 9: 11/19/20 AU 9 BC 9
F5,F4,F2 11/19/20 AU... BC...
Vantage 11/19/20
As of 11/19/20:
AoOA - 24Y8M | AoYA – 0Y0M | AAoA – 11Y6M
Open: 11 CC: (1 reporting 3.53% : 0.74% AGG UTL) | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan: 73.16% UTL
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 2 Auto loans | (EQ) 2 CC, (EX & TU) 1 CC
INQ: (EQ) 0/24 | (TU) 1/24 | (EX) 1/24
Message 7 of 17
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

FICO 5

EQ

[Change]

FICO 4

TU

+11

[Change]

FICO 2

EX

[Change]

@CassieCard (2 posts back, you said EQ5 and EX2 dropped it at one year, got me all excited, lol.) 😉

OK cool so we get a definite scorecard reassignment at 12 months on EX2. But EQ5 didn't move one point nor any reason code shift, so its threshold must be elsewhere, but it's strange that you've never seen the code there.

So TU4 and EQ5 remain an enigma. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the scorecard just like the balances didn't show up on a new account scorecard, but they appeared on the no new account scorecard on EX2, which is very interesting as well.

Yeah Trudy, I pinged you because we had discussed it, I thought you might find it interesting.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 8 of 17
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

@CassieCard wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

FICO 5

EQ

[Change]

FICO 4

TU

+11

[Change]

FICO 2

EX

[Change]

@CassieCard (2 posts back, you said EQ5 and EX2 dropped it at one year, got me all excited, lol.) 😉

Yep...lol And then I checked the AoYRA 1yr 0mo report and didn't see it on the previous reason statements. It just isn't a factor for EQ 5.

EX 2 definitely - as shown above. The bold reasons are at AoOA 2yr 0mo / AoYA 1yr 0mo.

EQ 5 did shift reasons without a score change - look again there at 'High Revolving Balances'. That never showed up the whole year prior to that

Message 9 of 17
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Very good eye, yes reason code shift and the appearance of a code never before seen is indicative of scorecard reassignment. Hmmm... Maybe it’s not a reason code on thin files on EQ5? Could’ve swore I saw it before, I’ll have to go back and verify on my card.

RIP:
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.