Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU 81 points lower than EX/ 47 lower than EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU 81 points lower than EX/ 47 lower than EQ

Hope this is the correct place for this. Just checked my annual reports and it seems my TU fico is substantially lower than the other agencies. I did have a $300 collection pop up in April (which was paid immediately) but the collection is on all three reports. Other than inquiries the data is the same on all three reports. Could it be that the TU model is that much harsher on collections? Trying to make sense of this in the event i need to apply for credit and TU gets pulled.

TU: 631
EQ: 678
EX: 712

Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU 81 points lower than EX/ 47 lower than EQ

Everything being the same between the reports the scores should be in line with each other.  I tend to see a 20 point spread between reports even though they're mostly the same.  I do have 1 account that doesn't report to TU at all yet TU seems to be my highest score at the moment at 818 while EX is 799.

I'm thinking there might be a descrepancy in reporting times from creditors as they seem to hit reports on different dates even though they're reported at the same time.  But, I would see if you can get the colelction removed since you paid it immediately.  Usually we say PFD before paying but, sometimes you can still get them to delete it after you have already paid it.

Otherwise it might be wise to do a spreadsheet of your accounts and make sure they match up across your 3 CR's.  I did this awhile back because the #'s weren't matching up and found a defunked HSBC card from 2008 still reporting but inactive on one report instead of showing closed like the other 2 reports resulting in a $1500 CL mismatch.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.