cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO 08 irregularity

Highlighted
Super Contributor

TU FICO 08 irregularity

While performing testing, when I went from 2/14 to 3/14, I lost two points. Utilization is under 1% no other changes. Kind of baffled. Strange that I took the hit on EQ08 to the tune of four points as well when this third balance hit. Got a separate thread on that.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EQ-FICO-8-irregularity/td-p/5640499

Either way the third card has had an off cycle update so we’ll see if that reverses the point loss for both. As long as one other intervening card does not report, I’m good. Even if it does it’s good because I’ll go make it do a mid cycle update.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: TU FICO 08 irregularly

Off cycle update reversed the two points. I got them back. 3/14>2/14.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated June 2020, unless otherwise noted. I took an HP on EX, will reflect on next update.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I need someone who has a clean/aged/thick profile with a new account under one year old. So I need you to have a total of at least 10 accounts open and closed and I need you to go from 2 to 3 credit cards with a balance and then back to 2 and see if you get the score changes or not. Then, maybe we can determine whether it’s number based or percentage based, because you’re probably going to have a different number of cards than I do.

I need you to have MF service. This is also happening on EQ. Volunteers???

RIP:

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Retested got the same results.

RIP:

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I reran the test with different cards and had the same results.

RIP:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.