cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO 08 irregularity

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

TU FICO 08 irregularity

While performing testing, when I went from 2/14 to 3/14, I lost two points. Utilization is under 1% no other changes. Kind of baffled. Strange that I took the hit on EQ08 to the tune of four points as well when this third balance hit. Got a separate thread on that.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EQ-FICO-8-irregularity/td-p/5640499

Either way the third card has had an off cycle update so we’ll see if that reverses the point loss for both. As long as one other intervening card does not report, I’m good. Even if it does it’s good because I’ll go make it do a mid cycle update.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: TU FICO 08 irregularly

Off cycle update reversed the two points. I got them back. 3/14>2/14.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

I need someone who has a clean/aged/thick profile with a new account under one year old. So I need you to have a total of at least 10 accounts open and closed and I need you to go from 2 to 3 credit cards with a balance and then back to 2 and see if you get the score changes or not. Then, maybe we can determine whether it’s number based or percentage based, because you’re probably going to have a different number of cards than I do.

I need you to have MF service. This is also happening on EQ. Volunteers???

Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

Retested got the same results.

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

I reran the test with different cards and had the same results.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.