Did you mean: 

TU and EX WAY UP, EQ up only 2????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU and EX WAY UP, EQ up only 2????

Okay as of January 12 this year my scores were TU-657 EX-660 EQ-645
Now as of 5-10-2008 my scores are TU-677 EX-691 EQ-647

do not get me wrong I am way thrilled over the first 2, but why would EQ be polling so slowly behind the rest? My eventual goal is to get a Southwest Airlines CC. I dream of the free trips! I understand that chase pulls ex and they are hard asses. I was denied by them back in January, how long should I wait before reapplying?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: TU and EX WAY UP, EQ up only 2????

I would wait a bit longer on the app. I have the same problem with my EQ dragging.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

remember different items report to different CRA's thts how mine is ! It sucks bc all my scores are different EX and TU are pretty much the same! But Eq is my highest but it just depends on who reports to where? Sorry! hope this helps......
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

jolly, you did not post the source of your scores.  That is critical in your comfort.
There is no such thing as an EQ, EX, or TU score per se.  Period.

Each of those three (TU, EQ, EX) are CRAs.  They maintain the credit data upon which all scores are based, but the scores derived from their data are independlty based upon the scoring algorithm that cranks their data.  You need to know the source of the score, and not just the data that goes into it.

Each CRA purchases, and derives, a credit score based upon a scoring algorithm that it purchases under license from FairIsaac.  These, and only these, scores can be marketed and reported as "FICO" scores. That is a proprietary, and registested, Trademark and product of FairIsaac, wihich is what lost lendors use.  MyFICO is the consumer source of those scores. The other score vendors are not

However, the CRAs, and other vendors of credit scores, have developed other competiive scoring algorthms that they also market.   One such is the Vantage score.  I do not attest to the superiority of any scoring method over the other, but it is clear that the scores generated by true FICO algorithms are the ones that are relied upon by a vast majority of lendors.  Non-FCI scores are not what they are usually looking at, so neither should you.

I would suggest that you look at the FICO scores from myFICO.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Ms Anderson, hiya!
First, turn off the red font, for it is giving me an epileptic fit!!!!!!  LOL!

I will only repeat in summary what I just posted.  Reporting scores as "EQ, EX, or TU" has no comparative meaning.  The source of the originator of that score is the only basis for comparison that I can comprehend, and not the CRA data upon which it is based.  Unlkess it is a true FICO score, then it raises no flutters in my heart, and no basis for comparison with FICO scores, which is what most lendors look at........  and what most on here rely upon.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-24-2008 12:19 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.