cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU only CRA reporting old mortgage, by far lowest mortgage FICO - should I remove?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU only CRA reporting old mortgage, by far lowest mortgage FICO - should I remove?

Hey everyone,

First post so take it easy on me Smiley Happy Before I do something that doesn't make sense, I want to make sure that I am informed. Neither EQ or EX has my old mortgage account listed, but TU does. It lists as a Satisfactory account on my report, with no payment detail, and is an old account so it helps with my age, however we did have some late payments during the life of this mortgage even though they don't seem to be reporting as negative.

My TU mortgage FICO (FICO 4?) is 80 points lower than the other two. Interestingly, my FICO 8 is highest with TU, so this is the only thing that I can think is somehow affecting it.

It is an old enough account in terms of DOFD that I can likely remove it easily (especially since TU is so quick to delete old accounts), so I just want to make sure that this is the right move.

I have no other mortgage accounts on my profile.

Thank you so much in advance for any insight!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: TU only CRA reporting old mortgage, by far lowest mortgage FICO - should I remove?

You should pull your TU report from Annualcreditreport.com to see if you can find the full payment history there - these reports are much more comprehensive.  If the lates still exist but are approaching the 7 year mark, it may be best to let the account remain. 

If the account is closed in good standing and only some late payment notations in the history, the tradeline will remain in your report as history for a few more years (approx 10 years after date of closure). The late payment notations, however, will drop as they each reach their 7 year exclusion mark.  Once all are gone, you'll be left with a clean, closed mortgage tradeline which, as you know, will help with age and postive installment history for as long as the tradeline remains.

Welcome to the forums.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.