cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU vantage score drop 710 to 660 from paying off lending club, account reported closed

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Re: TU vantage score drop 710 to 660 from paying off lending club, account reported closed

You can’t compare what happens to your Vantage scores and assume that it’s equal to what’s happening to your FICO scores. It’s not. Everything is weighed differently. My Vantage scores are all much lower than my FICO scores. They go up when my FICOS go down and vice versa. You just can’t compare. I would go to Credit Check Total and get your scores for free. You’ll see all your EX scores, including mortgage. They will update immediately if any changes occur. Totally worth it.

November 2019:

Stats:
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: TU vantage score drop 710 to 660 from paying off lending club, account reported closed

"CK score simulator says that if I get overall util down to 34%, I'll see a 50 point jump. Understand not to put too much meaning into those scores, but it's the cheapest way to see how I'm trending."
Horse is dead but the beating continues. VS3.0 is very cheap and is worth what it costs you. As someone else said, it does not trend like FICO does. A couple months back I had three changes simultaneously - one additional account aging beyond 3 months (good), one derogatory tradeline deleted (very good), and a 1% increase in aggregate utilization (meh). FICO on that bureau increased 9 points. VS3.0 fell 71 points.  In a word, pointless. The only VantageScore that currently matters is VS4.0 for holders of cards with Synchrony Bank, as they are using VS4.0 for lending decisions now. 

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.