Re: The 'All At Just Under 8.99% Utilization' experiment

@Anonymous wrote:
Rev Whats ur AooA at EX?

Same all over, 11 years 1 month now.

        
Message 71 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

So that all depends on where we draw the line. You could be a spring chicken.
Message 72 of 109
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So that all depends on where we draw the line. You could be a spring chicken.

Yeah that just seems doubtful for an algorithm that's built on figuring out risk on shorter time horizons.

Sadly we just don't really know, and given the myriad of aging factors I think we're just going to have to have people religiously track and then compare.

        
Message 73 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s exactly why I feel the aged/nonaged line is lower than commonly thought.
Message 74 of 109
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
That’s exactly why I feel the aged/nonaged line is lower than commonly thought.

There was a datapoint somewhat recently that put it at 3 years AOOA.

Which, maybe... I didn't see a marked shift change, I went up moderately linearly until I hit a hard cap on my own file but I had an old account opened in early 2008, so I was already 3+ years out when I was first starting here.

        
Message 75 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

That seems too low to get enough utility out of the 2 “clean/nonaged/no new account” scoresheets.

We know you’re always going to be 1 of the 2 new account scoresheets for year 1, that would leave only year two for those two scoresheets. I understand devoting 2 scoresheets to year one but I can’t see devoting another 2 scoresheets to year 2 separately. I would think the new account scoresheets would extend to year 2 or 3 before that would happen. Or is that what you meant?
Message 76 of 109
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a FICO presentation on segmentation and FICO 8 specifically new accounts?

I suspect nearly for a fact they do FICO 04, new accounts are at the head of the reason code list for that, more than a 30D late even.

        
Message 77 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Assuming clean) Maybe I’m misunderstanding you but when AoYA resets, you go to 1 of 4 new account scorecards. If we rule out aged scoresheets, that takes it down to two new account scoresheets one thin and one thick. Depending on where new accounts segment, after one year you go to one of the 4 no new account scorecards, again if we rule out aged, that leaves two, 1 thick and one thin.

So one would be at a clean/non-aged/thick or thin/no new account scorecard at one year, if new accounts segment at one year. Now, if the aged breakpoint is at three years that would leave the non-aged scoresheets only for use between year one and year three, that means you’d be wasting 2 scoresheets for year one and then wasting another two for year 2 and then having the rest for year 3+. That can’t be what you meant. Did you mean instead new accounts might segment at year three?
Message 78 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

June 10, 2019: The 'AoYA 6mo' update of 28 FICO scores.

All 28 FICO scores are up this time. Minimum gain, +7pts. Maximum gain, +29pts.

This is PART 1 of the table. PART 2 in a reply below. (The whole table now exceeds the 20,000 character message limit.)

CassTrack v1.6

"AoYA 6mo"

Common data

• No derogatories
  • No delinquencies
  • 1 closed loan
  • 2 open revolving: Mastercard [$2000 CL] and Visa Signature [$6500 CL]
  • 1 inquiry EQ: Dec 2018
  • 1 inquiry EX: Dec 2018
  • 1 inquiry TU: Dec 2018 ( Plus 2 over 1yr: Dec 2017, Jan 2018 )
  • Accounts with balances: 2

06/10/19

Previous Report

05/10/2019

• AoOA: 1 yr 5 mo
  • AAoA: 9 mo
  • AoYA: 5 mo
  • Mastercard Utilization: 8.85% (9%)
  • Visa Utilization: 8.81% (9%)
  • Aggregate Utilization: 8.82% (9%)

Current Report

06/10/19

What changed?

• AoOA: 1 yr 6 mo
  • AAoA: 10 mo
  • AoYA: 6 mo
  • Mastercard Utilization: 3.75% (4%)
  • Visa Utilization: 3.93% (4%)
  • Aggregate Utilization: 3.89% (4%)

NOTE: Some of the point gains were due to changing aggregate utilization; about 3 to 4 points. These were realized several days after the 1st when my last card reported its statement balance, changing aggregate utilization to 4%. This 4% threshold on EQ/TU/EX is not common to all scorecards. It may just be for new-to-credit scorecards.

• PAYMENT HISTORY: EXCEPTIONAL
  • AMOUNT OF DEBT: VERY GOOD
  • CREDIT HISTORY LENGTH: POOR
  • AMOUNT OF NEW CREDIT: GOOD
  • CREDIT MIX: VERY GOOD

New statement balances recorded at all 3 CRA's between 6/1 and 6/10. Score reports from myFICO 3B+, Credit Karma (TU/EQ VS3), and Credit.com (EX VS3, ENES)

05/10

Δ

06/10

FICO 8

EQ

+10

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 8

TU

+12

[Change]

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances, Short revolving credit history

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 8

EX

+9

[Change]

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, No recent loan activity

FICO 9

EQ

+9

[Change]

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances, Short revolving credit history

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 9

TU

+9

[Change]

FICO 9

EX

+11

[Change]

FICO 5

EQ

+13

[Change]

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit

FICO 4

TU

+26

[Change]

Short credit history, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history, Recently opened new credit account

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit, Recently opened new credit account

FICO 2

EX

+12

[Change]

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO Auto 8

EQ

+11

FICO Auto 8

TU

+14

FICO Auto 8

EX

+10

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Few accounts paid on time

FICO Auto 9

EQ

+9

[Change]

FICO Auto 9

TU

+10

[Change]

FICO Auto 9

EX

+11

[Change]

FICO Bankcard 8

EQ

+10

FICO Bankcard 8

TU

+14

FICO Bankcard 8

EX

+10

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Few accounts paid on time

FICO Bankcard 9

EQ

+9

[Change]

FICO Bankcard 9

TU

+8

[Change]

FICO Bankcard 9

EX

+11

[Change]

Message 79 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

PART 2 of the June 10, 2019 update at AoYA 6 months. ( PART 1 in a reply above. )

FICO Auto 2

EX

+11

[Change]

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, No recent loan activity, No recent auto loan activity

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, No recent loan activity

FICO Auto 4

TU

+29

[Change]

Short credit history, Seeking credit, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, No recent loan activity, Seeking credit

FICO Auto 5

EQ

+13

[Change]

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened new credit account, Seeking credit

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Recently opened new credit account, Too many accounts with balances

FICO Bankcard 2

EX

+13

[Change]

Short credit history, Short installment credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO Bankcard 4

TU

+26

[Change]

Short credit history, Seeking credit, Short revolving credit history, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO Bankcard 5

EQ

+14

[Change]

Short credit history, Short installment credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Too few or too many revolving accounts

Short credit history, Short installment credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 3

EX

+7

[Change]

Short credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit

VantageScore 3.0

EQ

+3

VantageScore 3.0

TU

+3

VantageScore 3.0

EX

+3

TU AUTO CBIS

TU

Experian National Equivalency Score

EX

+4

Message 80 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.