Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'All at less than 9% Utilization' experiment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The 'All At Just Under 8.99% Utilization' experiment

@Anonymous wrote:
@CassieCard I need you do me a favor old friend. We are exploring how some credit union cards are ignored by EX2.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX-FICO-2-Not-Using-Revolving-Credit/m-p/5574443#M154012

If you had two cards on your CR and the only one with the balance was the PSCU, please tell me what your EX2 score was. And then I would like to know what your EX2 score was on the day Citibank reported its balance please.

If the PSCU CC was being counted, the EX2 score will either not move or slightly go down when Citi reported. If, on the other hand, PSCU CC was being ignored, then a no revolving balance penalty was being imposed, and when the citi CC reported, you would’ve saw a significant jump.

With just the PSCU/CU Mastercard reporting a balance of $40 (Citi at $0), I had the following negative reasons on EX2:

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Too many credit accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

EX2 was 727. The following month when both cards reported 7% utilization on each, it dropped to 721 and is currently at 721 on my April 10, 2019 report.

The reason code text has never changed since that first report - still the same as above.

January 18, 2019 report with 1 of 2 cards with a balance

I'm wondering if the 'credit union cards' you're trying to track refers to something like a PLOC with its own private label card?

This PSCU/Mastercard is really no different from any other bankcard on all 3 of my reports from annualcreditreport.com .

Message 61 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed Cassie your PSCU MC appears to be counting for the EX2 model. Otherwise there would’ve been a significant increase when Citibank reported. No, we have had both CCs and PLOCs from CUs not count for the EX2 algorithm, such as those from DCU. I am doing some testing and you just saved me from having to test my PSCU card, unless it’s for confirmation testing. But I have two other cards that I need to test, so you narrowed it down from 3 to 2. thank you!
Message 62 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No, we have had both CCs and PLOCs from CUs not count for the EX2 algorithm, such as those from DCU. I am doing some testing and you just saved me from having to test my PSCU card, unless it’s for confirmation testing. But I have two other cards that I need to test, so you narrowed it down from 3 to 2. thank you!

You're welcome! And I just realized that DCU refers to what my ex-boyfriend used to call 'the worst !%#$@ bank in the world' . lol His dad worked at Digital and the whole family had accounts there. It's been a while since I've even seen a branch of theirs in Massachusetts - I think they are all located far from the MA/NH coast where I lived.

So it doesn't surprise me now that something is weird with their cards. Everything in western Massachusetts is weird. lol (*kidding*)

Message 63 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those new to credit cards who are watching their scores closely: Hang in there...it gets better relatively quickly!

Message 64 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s totally awesome Cassie thanks again.
Message 65 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

May 10, 2019:

• 5% to 9% utilization on each card. Aggregate 9%.
  • TU Auto 4 and EQ Bankcard 5 drop -3 and -2 points respectively. So sensitive to util!
  • 10 of 28 FICO scores up from +2 to +8.
  • Only 1 score change at Experian: FICO 3 +5.
  • I had 6 scores below 700 last month. Now only 5.

CassTrack v1.5

"Five to Nine"

Common data

• No derogatories
  • No delinquencies
  • 1 closed loan
  • 2 open revolving
  • 1 inquiry EQ: Dec 2018
  • 1 inquiry EX: Dec 2018
  • 1 inquiry TU: Dec 2018 ( Plus 2 over 1yr: Dec 2017, Jan 2018 )
  • Accounts with balances: 2

05/10/19

Previous Report

04/10/2019

• AoOA: 1 yr 4 mo
  • AAoA: 8 mo
  • AoYA: 4 mo
  • Card 1 Utilization: 4.81% (5%)
  • Card 2 Utilization: 4.77% (5%)
  • Aggregate Utilization: 4.78% (5%)

Current Report

05/10/19

What changed?

• AoOA: 1 yr 5 mo
  • AAoA: 9 mo
  • AoYA: 5 mo
  • Card 1 Utilization: 8.85% (9%)
  • Card 2 Utilization: 8.81% (9%)
  • Aggregate Utilization: 8.82% (9%)

• PAYMENT HISTORY: EXCEPTIONAL
  • AMOUNT OF DEBT: VERY GOOD
  • CREDIT HISTORY LENGTH: POOR
  • AMOUNT OF NEW CREDIT: GOOD
  • CREDIT MIX: VERY GOOD

New statement balances recorded at all 3 CRA's between 5/1 and 5/10. Score reports from myFICO 3B+, Credit Karma (TU/EQ VS3), and Credit.com (EX VS3, ENES)

04/10

Δ

05/10

FICO 8

EQ

+2

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 8

TU

+7

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history

FICO 8

EX

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history

FICO 9

EQ

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 9

TU

+2

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances

FICO 9

EX

Vantage Score 3.0

EQ

+1

Vantage Score 3.0

TU

+1

Vantage Score 3.0

EX

+1

TU AUTO CBIS

TU

Experian National Equivalency Score

EX

FICO Auto 8

EQ

+2

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances, Short revolving credit history

FICO Auto 8

TU

+7

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances, Short revolving credit history

FICO Auto 8

EX

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Few accounts in good standing

FICO Auto 9

EQ

FICO Auto 9

TU

+2

FICO Auto 9

EX

FICO Bankcard 8

EQ

+2

FICO Bankcard 8

TU

+8

FICO Bankcard 8

EX

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Short revolving credit history, Few accounts in good standing

FICO Bankcard 9

EQ

FICO Bankcard 9

TU

+2

FICO Bankcard 9

EX

FICO 2

EX

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO 3

EX

+5

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit

FICO 4

TU

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Seeking credit, Recently opened new credit account

FICO 5

EQ

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances, Seeking credit

FICO Auto 2

EX

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Too many accounts with balances, No recent loan activity

FICO Auto 4

TU

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, No recent loan activity, Seeking credit

FICO Auto 5

EQ

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Recently opened new credit account, Too many accounts with balances

FICO Bankcard 2

EX

Short credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO Bankcard 4

TU

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, Seeking credit, Recently opened too many new credit accounts

FICO Bankcard 5

EQ

Short credit history, Short installment credit history, Short revolving history, Too many accounts with balances

Message 66 of 109
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, more data which doesn't quite jive.

Doesn't appear to be a breakpoint on EQ for me for FICO 8 at 3 month mark; however, looks like there is one for FICO 5 / 9 on the 30D late scorecard.

Equifax5/2/196/4/19Delta
FICO 87527520
FICO 8 AU7647640
FICO 8 BC7557550
FICO 5740729-11
FICO 5 AU739728-11
FICO 5 BC755745-10
FICO 9796792-4
FICO 9 AU806802-4
FICO 9 BC807803-4

OpenedTypeReport 
11/18Auto2-May 
12/18Installment2-May 
3/19Credit Card4-Jun 
4/19Credit Card4-Jun 

The 3/19 and 4/19 credit cards weren't on the May 2nd report, so we went from 5 months AOYA in May to 2 in June, no change on any EQ FICO 8 score.  Also if it were just revolving then we're talking a much longer drop as January 2017 was my last revolver opening. 

30D late scorecard (important could be different as a result), AAOA just under 5 years, oldest at 11 years.

Interestingly I absolutely did see it on EX FICO 8: not sure which scorecard exactly but not the 30D late one(s) which I know is separate.

        
Message 67 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may only be non-aged or thin scoresheets...Let’s see what kind of dps we get from the members reporting back to that post where I asked for that data. There has to be some differentiation there’s a reason it discriminates.
Message 68 of 109
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
It may only be non-aged or thin scoresheets...Let’s see what kind of dps we get from the members reporting back to that post where I asked for that data. There has to be some differentiation there’s a reason it discriminates.

Maybe, but I did get a substantial movement on EX and that is neither non-aged nor thin; the difference between the two scorecard wise is EQ has a 30D late and the other does not.  Admittedly EX and EQ being different bureaus could be different but I wouldn't think so on this, AOYA should be the same basically regardless of bureau I would think.

Waiting to see what 7/1 brings on EX, though getting a little annoyed zealously managing my balances and needing to swipe all my SD'd cards haha.  Got most of them done just need to make sure DCU gets paid and Discover when it arrives (apparently lost that card whoopsie) gets swiped / paid.  Amazed so many lenders didn't shut down my accounts after nearly 1.5 years of idleness but their business not mine hah.

        
Message 69 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rev Whats ur AooA at EX?
Message 70 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.