Did you mean: 

The effect of a 6.5 year old collection on score

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: The effect of a 6.5 year old collection on score

@MidnightVoice wrote:

So all in all, I am good

Could I borrow a cup of calmness, please? Pay you back when my scores average 720, so it might be a while. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

So all in all, I am good

Could I borrow a cup of calmness, please? Pay you back when my scores average 720, so it might be a while. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, even though it was me who started the 12 Step FICOholics program, I am trying to keep in mind the reasons I wanted high credit scores in the first place.  And I am now where I want to be at this point in time, and one bad CR derog that goes away next year is not affecting me adversely.  I can live without an AMEX card (they pull EX), and I now know when and how to apply for CLIs when I want them (next year).  So I could go through the hassle of cleaning up that one problem, but it would not be worth the effort right now.  And if I want another card next year, I can now be pretty sure I will get what I ask for (because I now know who to ask for what).

If it does not go away when it should, that is a different story!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You're exactly right, and I do know that. I'm struggling with exasperation right now. I'm actually very fortunate that, like you, I'm fine on credit for the time being, and there is time for all this stuff to rumble forward and improve. It's just that although I have lots of patience for small children and animals, I have very little for anything else! Long view, take the long view, grrr... (But I dug my own hole, so there's no reason to think that anyone other than me should dig my way out!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.