Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The many flavors of FICO:__Editions, versions, and variations

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: The many flavors of FICO:__Editions, versions, and variations

@guiness56 wrote:

I know my mom had a 829 about 5 years ago.

Was this EQ04?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 11 of 166
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes.

But now that I think about it, it could have been an auto enhanced score.

Message 12 of 166
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Yes.

But now that I think about it, it could have been an auto enhanced score.

Have you heard of anyone on this forum with a >818 EQ04?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 13 of 166
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@jello77 wrote:

Accounts that are open but inactive

FICO 8 is more aware of which accounts have been inactive with a 0 balance for a long time, and those accounts will factor less into your score.

How does FICO differeniate between accounts that are reporting a 0 balance due to inactivity over the accounts that are just 0 balance because of PIF every month?  Is it because of the date of last status reported??

Message 14 of 166
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@jello77 wrote:

Accounts that are open but inactive

FICO 8 is more aware of which accounts have been inactive with a 0 balance for a long time, and those accounts will factor less into your score.

How does FICO differeniate between accounts that are reporting a 0 balance due to inactivity over the accounts that are just 0 balance because of PIF every month?  Is it because of the date of last status reported??

Date of last status reported and there's a "Inactive' flag which can be associated with a tradeline and cause it to be discounted from scoring as I understand it.

        
Message 15 of 166
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@Kratos-TM wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but I'm still wondering if the 818 max score for EQ Beacon 5 is still legit. Seems I've seen some members here lately with higher than that from EQ04.

I had a 807 from EQ Beacon 5 - Canadian version (300-900) and I only hit the 76 percentile meaning 24% of Canadians had a HIGHER score than that.

Hence the reason for the extended range since Canadians by and larger have much lower credit default rates than Americans.  Ex. 29% of Canucks have a 1% or less liklihood of defaulting vs. 13% and at the other end of the scale only 4% CDN have a >50% risk of defaulting vs. 15% US.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 16 of 166
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks OP very informative.

Message 17 of 166
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When I started on this forum (2007) getting FICO scores from here was a great idea, and truly indicative of one's credit status.  Nowadays - not so much. There are so many "real" scores that lenders actually use, so many versions of FICO, that it is becoming a total crapshoot

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 166
tketch
Valued Member

Re: Fico 98, Equifax Beacon 96.

A few weeks ago I applied for a mortgage and received a response showing my credit scores and models used.  Lender had used Equifax Beacon 96.  This seems to conflict with your statement  that “Equifax stopped using this version in 2005”. The score matches closely with whatever Equifax  version is presented through MyFico.   We’ll see if it keeps tracking  as closely as of the most recent “upgrade”  of the model that happened on May 17.       

Message 19 of 166
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tketch wrote:

Re: Fico 98, Equifax Beacon 96.

A few weeks ago I applied for a mortgage and received a response showing my credit scores and models used.  Lender had used Equifax Beacon 96.  This seems to conflict with your statement  that “Equifax stopped using this version in 2005”. The score matches closely with whatever Equifax  version is presented through MyFico.   We’ll see if it keeps tracking  as closely as of the most recent “upgrade”  of the model that happened on May 17.       

What type of mortgage was this in particular and from what lender?  That individual score wouldn't be for a conventional guarunteed unless the bank in question was portfolioing their conventional mortgages... which is pretty much unheard of for nearly the last decade or longer.

        
Message 20 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.