cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This can't be possible...My balance increases and THIS!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This can't be possible...My balance increases and THIS!?

Interesting you say that. One of my card i never use somehow got used fradulently. The balance went on my credit. Then the balance came off after the dispute. This was in the past 30 days. hmmmm

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That card wasn’t being counted while in dispute most likely and that chapter 7 maybe switched Scorecards. what date did this happen on? that’s could your jump probably just came from.

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

I got a decent bump recently for increased usage of an inactive card. 

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable tell us more please 

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 falls off in 10 years. I wish it just fell off. It comes off in 2023.

Message 14 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2020-12-18 14_46_12-Alerts _ myFICO Member Center.png

The balance increase and the score increase are unrelated.

MyFICO alerts don't provide reasons for a score change. There are certain events which trigger MyFICO alerts. If there happens to be any difference between your present score at that particular bureau and the previous score reported to you from that bureau, the score change is tacked on to the alert. There is not necessarily any connection at all between the score change and the alert substance.

MyFICO explains this in the "learn more" link contained in the alert:

"Why did my score go up when I got an alert for something negative (or why did my score go down when I got an alert for something positive)?
The short answer: Your FICO(TM) Score may change because of other events not monitored by an alert.
Whenever we send you a credit alert, we also send an updated FICO Score. To ensure you get the most current score, we calculate it based on your entire credit report at that point in time - not just the new information on the alert. This means your new score may reflect other changes that are outside of the things we watch for (see everything we monitor).
Sometimes you may see your score increase when you think it should've decreased, and vice-versa, but you'll always have your most up-to-date and accurate score."

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You're right I was thinking scorecard assignment. My head and mouth weren't connected properly, lol.

we don't know where that ages to mature. 

Message 17 of 35
dunn2500
Established Contributor

the first time this happened my scores incresaed but second time they decreased.....and when balance dropped it decreased again......its why i posted a thread bout a flawed system as i had same exact scenarios happen twice but scoring system judged them totally different and everything else remained same.....made no sense whatsoever

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dunn2500 wrote:

...i had same exact scenarios happen twice but scoring system judged them totally different...

Unfortunately this really isn't possible, although it may seem that way due to other variables/moving parts. 

If you're looking at the same event happening on the same profile (no scorecard reassignment) using the same algorithm and bureau data both times, the score shift would match in both tests.  It would have to be the same exact change though.  For example, a balance drop of $125 isn't the same as a balance drop of $135.  Similar yes, but not the same.  The best way to test anything is to do X, then reverse X, then do X again.  If X is worth 5 points, you'd see +5, -5, +5 every time.  Any time you didn't see that, it means another variable changed during the process.

Message 19 of 35
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

I got a decent bump recently for increased usage of an inactive card. 

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable tell us more please Screenshot_20201229-101150.png

I'm a little late with the update but this is a screenshot from Ex. Cap 1, although used monthly, have never reported a balance for 2020. They switched up the statement date on me and $117 got reported ($850 CL). Nothing else changed on my report. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.