Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Just Mind Boggling!!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

This is Just Mind Boggling!!

I have FINALLY crossed over into the 700 club!!! My TU score is currently at 702, EX at 699, and EQ at 689.

What I don't understand is why my EQ is so much lower when my EQ report is the cleanest? I did a side by side comparison off all 3 (from CCT) and every. single. thing. is the same! The only difference is that I have 1 paid collection on my EX and TU, but it was never reported to EQ. So I have zero collections on my EQ report. UTI is the same, credit amount is the same, AAoA is the same, Oldest Account is the same... Literally every thing is the same.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is Just Mind Boggling!!

It's only an average of 12 points lower than your other 2 scores, which isn't "much" IMO.  Many people report 15-20 point variances between their top and bottom scores with the same or very similar report data and a few outliers even have reported close to 30 points.  The different bureaus can handle the same data differently depending on what it is... so something that may impact your score drawn on one bureau's data may not impact a score drawn on a different bureau's data.  There's definitely nothing wrong here or any issue to drive yourself nuts over.

Message 2 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on crossing to the threshold of 700!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op congrats on getting to 700. I agree with BBS here, in that the score differential isn't dramatic. Because each bureau can score some things slightly differently, you can easily see a little variance. Being that you looked over and compared your reports without finding anything that stands out, I wouldn't concern yourself with it too much.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 22
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's only an average of 12 points lower than your other 2 scores, which isn't "much" IMO.  Many people report 15-20 point variances between their top and bottom scores with the same or very similar report data and a few outliers even have reported close to 30 points.  The different bureaus can handle the same data differently depending on what it is... so something that may impact your score drawn on one bureau's data may not impact a score drawn on a different bureau's data.  There's definitely nothing wrong here or any issue to drive yourself nuts over.

Ok I just didn't know if I was missing anything. Just seems weird that the report that has NO collections would be the lowest. Obviously it's not really impacting my score then. I'll stop worrying about it! Thanks for the reply. Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though that report has no collections, does it have other negative information?  If so, of what severity and how old (such as 90 day late from 5 years ago, for example)? 

Message 6 of 22
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Girl.....

Take a peek at mine!

The only difference on them are AFFIRM credit financing. 

Paid off early- all of them but unknown to me until I started reading here, even the positives are a negative to my score.

They're classified as CFAs and CFAs are bad.. 

I have to wait 7 years for them to fall off! You don't have any of that type of account do ya? /just checking..

So it can happen, huge variances in the 3 scores.. 

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much do you think the CFA(s) are holding your scores back.  While we often hear "stay away from CFAs!" on this forum, I'm not sure anyone has ever attempted to quantify their adverse scoring impact.  I also wonder if like many FICO-related scoring factors having multiple CFAs isn't much worse than just having one... diminishing returns and all.  Any thoughts on that?

Message 8 of 22
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much do you think the CFA(s) are holding your scores back.  While we often hear "stay away from CFAs!" on this forum, I'm not sure anyone has ever attempted to quantify their adverse scoring impact.  I also wonder if like many FICO-related scoring factors having multiple CFAs isn't much worse than just having one... diminishing returns and all.  Any thoughts on that?

Well I have 5 of them.. They only report on EX and it's about 30 points lower than the others..

I have no negs & EX has less inquiries than the other 2 and all the same tradelines..

I'm guessing at least 20 points TBH.  And yes, I believe having several hurts more, perhaps only one wouldn't cause damage.  I get the scoring note: "Too many CFAs

I'll never go near one again- originally AFFIRM were hidden "loans" for some of my favorite online stores.. I didn't NEED to take them so it's doubly painful. Once they announced they were going to start reporting, I stopped using the service but the damage was done. 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the 700 club, i'm right behind you!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.