Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the closest I will get to a Perfect Score. :(

tag
355F1
Contributor

This is the closest I will get to a Perfect Score. :(

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.48.09 AM.pngI can't seem to find 850 x 3.

Just took out a $107,000 auto loan in December but somehow my FICO went UP with all 3 bureaus after it reported.

This is as good as it's gonna get, I guess!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: This is the closest I will get to a Perfect Score. :(

That 849 would annoy the heck out of me lol. Congratulations 🥂 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 11
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the success.  Many of us have never seen that far above 800.  That is pretty impressive that the auto loan reporting didn't cause a drop.

Message 3 of 11
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Congrats on yoru score....Never understood why people want to hit 850 as something will always seem to bring the score down...Im just happy I am at 815 at my lowest and the others are at 822. I'll take the win and move on 

Message 4 of 11
barca
Regular Contributor

@355F1 wrote:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.48.09 AM.pngI can't seem to find 850 x 3.

Just took out a $107,000 auto loan in December but somehow my FICO went UP with all 3 bureaus after it reported.

This is as good as it's gonna get, I guess!

congrats.

Maybe the auto loans have not reported to CRA yet.

I hope I hit that 850 next month when I pay my aggregrate CC to < 1%

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barca wrote:

OP did state that the new loan reported already.

What were your scores prior to the new loan reporting?  What was the date of that score set? 

Did you have an open loan prior to this new loan or loans prior to this new loan being opened?  What was the "before" installment loan utilization before the new loan and what is the "after" installment loan utilization overall when you factor in the new loan that's no doubt at/near 100% utilization?  If you didn't have an open loan prior to adding this one, do you have a closed one on your CR?  If not, the addition of your first loan could have greatly helped your credit mix.

What was your AAoA before the new account reported and what is it now?

On which bureau(s) did you take hard inquiries for the new loan?

Message 6 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Congrats on yoru score....Never understood why people want to hit 850 as something will always seem to bring the score down...Im just happy I am at 815 at my lowest and the others are at 822. I'll take the win and move on 

For a lot of us Score Chasers, it's like climbing Everest. You're only there for 5 minutes before you have to go back down, but for 5 minutes you were on top of the world.

Also, the top of Mount FICO doesn't actively try to kill you. :-)

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
1/1/23 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $131,800

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, a lot of it is just to prove to yourself that you can do it and Hat Trick those 850s.  I don't think many out there have a goal of achieving and maintaining 850s, as that would sort of prevent the majority of credit-seeking.

Message 8 of 11
355F1
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@barca wrote:

OP did state that the new loan reported already.

What were your scores prior to the new loan reporting?  What was the date of that score set? 

Did you have an open loan prior to this new loan or loans prior to this new loan being opened?  What was the "before" installment loan utilization before the new loan and what is the "after" installment loan utilization overall when you factor in the new loan that's no doubt at/near 100% utilization?  If you didn't have an open loan prior to adding this one, do you have a closed one on your CR?  If not, the addition of your first loan could have greatly helped your credit mix.

What was your AAoA before the new account reported and what is it now?

On which bureau(s) did you take hard inquiries for the new loan?

I don't really follow all of that. I wasn't trying for 850s; like I said, I took multiple hits on all bureaus for inquiries and a new auto account in the 2 months prior.

My old Utilization on the other car loan is 8%, and it hasn't been reported as Closed yet. The new auto loan is at 100% utilization for $107,880 and has reported to all 3 bureaus.

AGAIN.....I always utilize AZEO and just try to maintain a solid score--never trying for an 850 as I play the SUB game with CCs (I think I have $260k in personal CLs and $100k in Business CLs), and am constantly opening new accounts every year.

But it had been 12 months since I opened 3 CCs in Jan 2020, which is also the month I closed on a home loan.

Found it: Avg age of accounts is 7yrs 10months, and oldest account is 24y9m.

Message 9 of 11
355F1
Contributor

My FICO 8s were around 832-835 before shooting up to these amounts last month. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.