Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why we will never understand...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why we will never understand...

On 3/3 I received alerts from both EQ and EX regarding my auto loan closing...I gained 7 pts on each.  For closing an account?  No argument from me when I saw that.

Today...First thing this morning NEW auto loan alert from EX...up 24 point!  I thought I hit the jackpot since I was obviously expecting a decrease for a new account.  Then an alert came around lunchtime for EQ.  Whoohooo I thought.....WRONG!  Down 3 for the new auto loan reporting.

Now, I know what you all will say...it had to be something else that increased my score.  But I checked both reports, and checked very throuoghly.  Nothing changed on either except the one loan being PIF and the new loan reporting.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: This is why we will never understand...

Here's the short answer that is just as good as any I've seen for scores being all over the place........'because.'  lol

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When anyone else figures out this crazy score crap, let the rest of us know! By looking at all of the recent posts lately,  I think we're all confused!

Message 3 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When anyone else figures out this crazy score crap, let the rest of us know! By looking at all of the recent posts lately,  I think we're all confused!

It's not us that's confused....we're getting bamboozled, shanghaid, the ole run around, shafted, pick and roll, scratch and sniff, potsie scheme or whatever. lol.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not us that's confused....we're getting bamboozled, shanghaid, the ole run around, shafted, pick and roll, scratch and sniff, potsie scheme or whatever. lol.

lol

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But, it is not the alerted event that triggered it. Just the event that will show up...maybe 20 years in the future! You just can't see it yet!.....lol. I need my time machine. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Riiiight....and the alerts that we get dont actually represent the important data that actually changed that was the reason gor the score change.

We pay for alerts that are irrelevant and nit the reason gor score chamges. Lol
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like I close a line of credit and opened a new one in its place, my EX and TU went down and my EQ went up, idk
Message 8 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On 3/3 I received alerts from both EQ and EX regarding my auto loan closing...I gained 7 pts on each.  For closing an account?  No argument from me when I saw that.

Today...First thing this morning NEW auto loan alert from EX...up 24 point!  I thought I hit the jackpot since I was obviously expecting a decrease for a new account.  Then an alert came around lunchtime for EQ.  Whoohooo I thought.....WRONG!  Down 3 for the new auto loan reporting.

Now, I know what you all will say...it had to be something else that increased my score.  But I checked both reports, and checked very throuoghly.  Nothing changed on either except the one loan being PIF and the new loan reporting.

How far back did you check? What are your MyFICO scores from each bureau?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.