Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrown Out of 800 Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thrown Out of 800 Club

TU out of 800 club.png2019-08-22 11_14_08-Dashboard _ myFICO Member Center.pngIt happened - I got thrown out of the 800 club. My TU went below 800 because I dared pay my credit card debt down by $53. That comes to $9 per point. I left Chase as my one card with a balance ($9 this month) and all the others are $0.

2 REPLIES 2
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: Thrown Out of 800 Club

If you have the option to look at your report today compared to a previous report I would suspect there was a change.  A balance decrease while having a card report a balance would not be the cause of the decrease. The recurring answer to this is that something else happened.

The balance decrease was an alertable event so you received an update to your score. This is a topic that pops up daily where it is thought the alertable event is the reason for the score change when it seldom is.  Many people on the forum have expressed their frustration with MyFICO due to this and the confusion it causes.

Since it's TU you should be able to look at your CK report from a past week and compare it to your most recent report if you do not have a before and after with MyFICO.  The score could have changed some time ago as my experience has been that score updates are not always timely as I can clearly see with my EX subscription compared to MyFICO subscription.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 2 of 3
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Thrown Out of 800 Club

I saw the same thing while looking at my AMEX FICO today, but in my case it was due to a new CC from Wells Fargo with a HP along with a HP for a mortgage refinance inquiry.  Good news is with a little gardening they'll be back in no time.  Have a drink on me...

Wiskey Pour.gif

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.