cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of seeing your score rise or drop without knowing why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tired of seeing your score rise or drop without knowing why?

well, a friend of mine who works with a credit firm, she referred me to this site /www.optoutprescreen.com...... I've did mine, I told her i would spread the word. So, do yourself a favor and do so. It takes about 2 minutes to do (electronically).... Companies will no longer be able to run your credit or anything without your permission. So, no more inquiries out of no where.... Smiley Happy

Message Edited by lil_genuine2004 on 05-31-2007 07:54 AM
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Tired of seeing your score rise or drop without knowing why?

Some of us have opted out for years  Smiley Very Happy

And I thought that hard inqus required permission?  (except for Cell Phones   Smiley Happy )
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

"Companies will no longer be able to run your credit or anything without your permission"

This is not true.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This website is a great way to get yourself taken off *some* lists so you won't be deluged with CC  offers.

But no matter how many promotional offers you get, they don't affect your credit score.  They are considered "soft" inquiries because you didn't initiate the process by requesting credit.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone...Tuscani....I am new here but have been following the forum for a month or so..Why is this not true? And if that is the case, what is the point of "opting out"?

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 05-31-2007 09:26 AM
Message 5 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Opting out means you get less offers... that does not mean you are exempt from soft or hard inqs.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, crooks steal credit card offers from your mailbox and trash, so not receiving so many in the first place reduces (but does not eliminate) the possibility of your becoming an identity theft victim.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this morning that HBSC and CAP1 pull my reports every month, but I have never gotten an increase from them. I have never ever ever paid them late and I always pay more than the  What is going on with that?
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
I noticed this morning that HBSC and CAP1 pull my reports every month, but I have never gotten an increase from them. I have never ever ever paid them late and I always pay more than the  What is going on with that?

It's their insidious practice of monitoring your reports to declare "universal default."  HSBC and CapOne are just waiting for you to pay some other creditor late, so they can justify jacking your rate (APR) up on their accounts.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see..I am wondering if it is possible at all to block all inquiries without my permission. I realize they are soft inquiries, but I swear there are several dozen on my report. And not a one of them is doing me any good. Just checking up on me...
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.