cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many accounts with balances: 3 to 2 (of 4)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many accounts with balances: 3 to 2 (of 4)

This is the first time I've let my report show less than 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 with a balance. 100% of accounts with a balance is a severe penalty on EQ/TU 8: -19 and -14 respectively.

I want to show all 4 lenders doing a soft-pull/account-review that I have reasonable usage with positive payment history, so 3 of 4 is where I will be keeping it after I'm done with some tests over the next 2 months.

EQ/TU 9's really liked it. +3 on EQ 5 is always welcome.

The EX 2 data is not accurate due to some sort of error in the algorithm (see below, and here for the full report).

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

BC9

AU9

EQ

+3

+3

+3

+2

+9

+9

+13

TU

+16

+16

+16

EX

+2

+1

+1

+1

+4

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

2yr 10mo

1yr 7mo

8mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

1yr 10mo

1yr 3mo

8mo

Aggregate %

Aggregate $

TOTAL LIMIT

4%

$1,423

$32,000

Accounts with Balances - 3 to 2 - Young credit profile

I have never let any of my cards report above 9% on either individual or aggregate in my entire 1yr 10mo revolving credit history.

6 to 9% change on 1 card, 5 to 9% on the other. 2 cards at 9%. 2 cards at $0.

Note: Aggregate balance increase of $314 from previous report, so this was not a factor in score increases.

The EX 2's went down -2pts due to an error, so this data cannot be relied upon for changes in number of accounts with balances. Reason statements showed 'Accounts with Balances' alongside 'No recent revolving usage'. There was $1,423 in reported usage on 2 regular bankcards. $1,234 alone on a Citi Costco Visa card.

7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Too many accounts with balances: 3 to 2 (of 4)

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the first time I've let my report show less than 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 with a balance. 100% of accounts with a balance is a severe penalty on EQ/TU 8: -19 and -14 respectively.

I want to show all 4 lenders doing a soft-pull/account-review that I have reasonable usage with positive payment history, so 3 of 4 is where I will be keeping it after I'm done with some tests over the next 2 months.

EQ/TU 9's really liked it. +3 on EQ 5 is always welcome.

The EX 2 data is not accurate due to some sort of error in the algorithm (see below, and here for the full report).

BC8

AU8

MTG

AUT

BKC

BC9

AU9

EQ

+3

+3

+3

+2

+9

+9

+13

TU

+16

+16

+16

EX

+2

+1

+1

+1

+4

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

2yr 10mo

1yr 7mo

8mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

1yr 10mo

1yr 3mo

8mo

Aggregate %

Aggregate $

TOTAL LIMIT

4%

$1,423

$32,000

Accounts with Balances - 3 to 2 - Young credit profile

I have never let any of my cards report above 9% on either individual or aggregate in my entire 1yr 10mo revolving credit history.

6 to 9% change on 1 card, 5 to 9% on the other. 2 cards at 9%. 2 cards at $0.

Note: Aggregate balance increase of $314 from previous report, so this was not a factor in score increases.

The EX 2's went down -2pts due to an error, so this data cannot be relied upon for changes in number of accounts with balances. Reason statements showed 'Accounts with Balances' alongside 'No recent revolving usage'. There was $1,423 in reported usage on 2 regular bankcards. $1,234 alone on a Citi Costco Visa card.

Since you're referring to all 3 bureaus, I'm assuming you're getting these scores from your MyFICO 3-Bureau reports.

If so

1. How much time elapsed between reports?

2. How can you be sure the changes were attributable to this particular factor?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Since you're referring to all 3 bureaus, I'm assuming you're getting these scores from your MyFICO 3-Bureau reports.

If so

1. How much time elapsed between reports?

Month to month - September 13 & October 14, 3B reports.

2. How can you be sure the changes were attributable to this particular factor?

• All 4 open accounts (bankcards only) close within the first week of each month.
  • All updates are in by the time I use my monthly 3B (myFICO Premier).
  • The only aging metric that is a multiple of 3 is AAoRA at 1yr 3mo - unlikely. Didn't see anything at 1yr AAoRA.
  • Total Credit Limit is the same on both reports: $32,000
  • Aggregate change of 3 to 4% wouldn't cause a score increase.
  • Number of accounts with balances is the only remaining change.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only place i see this reason code is on my Mortgage score, currently there are no negative reasons on my Fico 8, which i found odd TBH.

I totally accept the new account reason as I just apped in September, so I don't ven have 6 months let alone the 12. The one with too mnay accounts with a balance kind of annoyed me though because IMO I don't, because only there of those have an actual balance while the others are PIF. Perhaps if I had payed them before the statment date it might change that reason but not knowing the exact ratio it's not really important. Short of AZEO i don't expect that reason to disappear because I don't plan to pay off those three balances for at least 6 months.

I have 14 open account 3 with small balances not exceeding 6-8% each while aggregate is 2%. Though my only installment loan is just under 50%.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The only place i see this reason code is on my Mortgage score, currently there are no negative reasons on my Fico 8, which i found odd TBH.

Even more odd is that I only get 2 reasons on EQ/EX 8 - Short credit history and No recent loan activity.

No way is that complete with under 3yrs total credit history.

I am getting 'Too many accounts with balances' on TU 8, and the only reason I know that is because I have a myFICO subscription that is the best source for TU 8 reason statements (always get 4 with the score change alerts, when only 2 will show on the monthly 3B).

I also get 'Too many accounts with balances' on:

• All FICO 9 scores on all 3 bureaus: 9, Auto 9, and Bankcard 9
  • EQ and EX for all 5 and 2 models: (5, Auto 5, Bankcard 5, 2, Auto 2, Bankcard 2)
  • All 3 Bankcard 8 scores
  • TU Auto 8
  • EX FICO 3

These 'negative reasons' really don't bother me. It's like when you get all dressed up and look great and feel good, but then someone points out you have a stray thread or hair on your outfit - and that's all they have to say. lol

I still have 21 of 28 FICO scores in the 740+ Very Good range right now, and I can have that with 3 of 4 reporting a balance - no AZEO needed. But FICO gonna FICO and be a Mean Girl all the way past 800. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even more odd is that I only get 2 reasons on EQ/EX 8 - Short credit history and No recent loan activity.

No way is that complete with under 3yrs total credit history.

I am getting 'Too many accounts with balances' on TU 8, and the only reason I know that is because I have a myFICO subscription that is the best source for TU 8 reason statements (always get 4 with the score change alerts, when only 2 will show on the monthly 3B).

I also get 'Too many accounts with balances' on:

• All FICO 9 scores on all 3 bureaus: 9, Auto 9, and Bankcard 9
  • EQ and EX for all 5 and 2 models: (5, Auto 5, Bankcard 5, 2, Auto 2, Bankcard 2)
  • All 3 Bankcard 8 scores
  • TU Auto 8
  • EX FICO 3

These 'negative reasons' really don't bother me. It's like when you get all dressed up and look great and feel good, but then someone points out you have a stray thread or hair on your outfit - and that's all they have to say. lol

I still have 21 of 28 FICO scores in the 740+ Very Good range right now, and I can have that with 3 of 4 reporting a balance - no AZEO needed. But FICO gonna FICO and be a Mean Girl all the way past 800. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous What are your TU4 codes? EX2 gives that code with the screwy ones? Wow! Have you made contact with EX?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I totally accept the new account reason as I just apped in September, so I don't ven have 6 months let alone the 12. The one with too mnay accounts with a balance kind of annoyed me though because IMO I don't, because only there of those have an actual balance while the others are PIF. Perhaps if I had payed them before the statment date it might change that reason but not knowing the exact ratio it's not really important. Short of AZEO i don't expect that reason to disappear because I don't plan to pay off those three balances for at least 6 months.

I have 14 open account 3 with small balances not exceeding 6-8% each while aggregate is 2%. Though my only installment loan is just under 50%.

@Anonymous 3/14=21%, leaving you over 20% threshold on mortgage scores, but I may have identified more even lower. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It could be the 15 month AAoRA, as on thin cards, number of revolvers/accounts with a balance may not be percentages but whole numbers, recall? 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.