Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tradeline deleted off CRA; Should I ask for reinstatement to +score

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Tradeline deleted off CRA; Should I ask for reinstatement to +score

Calling all Fico Experts,

Just curious if having this tradeline added back to my credit report will be good or bad. Here's the scenario:

I have a Citibank credit card for 6 years; two baddies (30,60) in both 2016 and 2017. Earlier this spring the account was closed. I've continued to make monthly payments and have paid current for last 9 months. Just recently when I was disputing a legitimate error the entire tradeline was deleted off my Experian report. I'm not sure of what impact it had to my score and a few others changes were made at the same time and it is unclear of the impact.

QUESTION:

I have 3 accounts that are closed by OC and I'm still paying and 2 CO's this year. Should I ask Citi to have TL re-instated on my report to showing the 'current' paying history? Would this have a positive impact to my score? Please help.

Thanks so much!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tradeline deleted off CRA; Should I ask for reinstatement to +score

Any time that a closed tradeline with derogs gets deleted, be thankful.  Asking for it be reinstated would not be wise. 

If in contrast the closed tradeline was derog free and very old then you might explore trying to get it added back (possibly without success but you could certainly look into it).

Message 2 of 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any time that a closed tradeline with derogs gets deleted, be thankful.  Asking for it be reinstated would not be wise. 

If in contrast the closed tradeline was derog free and very old then you might explore trying to get it added back (possibly without success but you could certainly look into it).

+1, I agree. Thank your lucky stars that the negative tradeline was deleted. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A young clean account is "better" than an old (even extremely old) dirty account.  No need to poke the sleeping bear here.

Message 4 of 5
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thanks Everyone for the response!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.