cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion corrected typo, but Lowered 3-Bureau Score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion corrected typo, but Lowered 3-Bureau Score!

Another odd one that has recently come up is "affected by natural disaster".

In addition I believe the CB allow consumers to add personal notes to the comments section as well.
Message 11 of 14
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Was it because there was an activity on an old account though...that caused it to update 

Message 12 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Common codes provided for reporting special comments to a CRA, of which the following is only a small summary, and many are not by nature derogatory, includes:

Code H   Loan assumed by another party

Code M  Account closed by credit grantor

Code O  Account transferred to another lendor

Code AB  Debt paid via insurance

Code AL  Student loan assigned to government

Code AO  Voluntary surrender

Code AS  Account closed due to refinance

Code AW  Account affected by natural or declared disaster

Code BL  Credit card lost or stolen

Code CI  Account closed due to inactivity

Code CP  Account in forebearance

See the common credit reporting manual used by the big-3 CRAs, titled the Credit Reporting Resource Guide for a full listing of current special comment codes and their definitions.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

Was it because there was an activity on an old account though...that caused it to update 

For me, I just asked them to remove an old comment (which they agreed to do over the phone without any fuss).  At the time I had no idea it may have been connected to a dispute or anything else.  But whatever it was, the score jumped up.  Then after they "settled" the cleanup job" - I am guessing it triggered something else because of my phone call.  That is when I called back a second time and removed the trigger.

Honestly, I don't understand all of it.  It seems there are codes and under-current disputes that never appear on the 3-Bureau Reports - and yet are costing score points.  I just happened to call them . . . and in the end my scores settled in at a very nice level.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.