cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion removed a huge derogatory from my credit report but no score increase

tag
KCC100
New Contributor

Transunion removed a huge derogatory from my credit report but no score increase

Verizon placed  over $3000 collection on my credit report in 2019. They reported to all credit bureaus and my scores dropped 52-62 points on all credit bureaus. I called many times and Verizon admit the mistake but they didn't remove it till couple weeks ago. I just got the notification that Trans dropped the VRZ account but still others agencies reporting.

My question is why I haven't gotten any score increase after removing that big collection from my credit report? The funny thing is that my current credit scores are identical 760/760/761 vantage 3.0 and ficos are 733/735/730

So even though Transunion removed the collection and the other Two agencies still reporting yet my scores are still the same?

I do have these other negative accounts on my credit file but still I expected score increase after VRZ account removal.

Wells Fargo 30,60,90,120 days late payments in 2016

BECU 30 days late 2015

Capital one 30 days late 2019

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Transunion removed a huge derogatory from my credit report but no score increase

@KCC100 wrote:

Verizon placed  over $3000 collection on my credit report in 2019. They reported to all credit bureaus and my scores dropped 52-62 points on all credit bureaus. I called many times and Verizon admit the mistake but they didn't remove it till couple weeks ago. I just got the notification that Trans dropped the VRZ account but still others agencies reporting.

My question is why I haven't gotten any score increase after removing that big collection from my credit report? The funny thing is that my current credit scores are identical 760/760/761 vantage 3.0 and ficos are 733/735/730

So even though Transunion removed the collection and the other Two agencies still reporting yet my scores are still the same?

I do have these other negative accounts on my credit file but still I expected score increase after VRZ account removal.

Wells Fargo 30,60,90,120 days late payments in 2016

BECU 30 days late 2015

Capital one 30 days late 2019

The 120 day late ranks above all others. Once a CA is placed on your report. The amount owed doesnt mean anything. It can be $10 or $1000. Its the fact the CA landed on your file. Even when all the CA's and the lates outside of WF are removed might be the same result. Not much movement. Unfortunately WF isnt known for GW's. You can try and get that string of lates removed from WF. But until then things may stay the same. 120 day late ranks right under a CO. Do all you can to try and get that removed. Then you'll see major score changes.

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Transunion removed a huge derogatory from my credit report but no score increase

The 52-62 point drop could've been due to something else in 2019. Or it could've been due to a combination of factors, which would explain why your score didn't increase when the Verizon collection was removed.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
KCC100
New Contributor

So are you saying that if you already have 120 days late payments then additional collections are meaningless? It's true that 120 days late Payment is taking huge points but remember when Verizon hit me their collection I lost 60 points. Now Equfax and aexperian still reporting the Verizon collection and Transunion already removed it and they're all giving me same scores which means the Verizon collection doesn't decrease or increase any points!

Message 4 of 8
KCC100
New Contributor

I check the earlier report before VRZ collection and the only thing changed from my report was the Verizon collection that's it. Nothing else have changed.

Message 5 of 8
REDBOYYY56
New Contributor

keep in mind KCC100 that at the time of your 60 point loss, your credit file was considered a dirty file. When VRZ removed the collection you still have baddies that are still lurking around!! As was mentioned earlier the algorithm does not work like that. You're not gonna get rewarded with points while having late payments that are still been calculated in your score.

Message 6 of 8
KCC100
New Contributor

Hey REDBOYYY56,  so If your credit file was already considered a dirt file then any derogatory removal will not help you but more derogatory will still  drop score, am I getting it right?

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

One thing to remember. A fresh baddie or an update from a dispute that was verified. They are considered new. And thats what hurts the most. Then as time goes by. It isnt as bad as when it was placed on your file. For example from an ole poster you can see what lates can do. Even with no CA's on your report. Those 120's sting for a while.

fico8 lates versus time.png

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.