cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricks on getting quick credit score update mid cycle after cc balance pay down?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tricks on getting quick credit score update mid cycle after cc balance pay down?

Hello, 

I have been reading these posts and seeing the tricks.  I want to apply for a mortgage so I have been monitoring my credit through Experian. 

My credit was 735 FICO 8. My FICO Mortgage was lower.  Since then, I have paid off 3 credit cards (have one more I will pay to 5% by statement) and the 4 statements will update in about 2-3 weeks.  As to the hightest balance (I paid off $17,000 of a $20,000) limit with Citicard and I think this will have a huge affect.  7 days ago I submitted it for a rapid rescore with zero balance but nothing has happened.  On the Bank of America card I paid off, I also followed advice and changed my address in hopes it would trigger an update of a zero balance, but nothing happened in 7 days.  I called Citibank today and asked if they can report the zero balance to the 3 credit agencies. Their response is they can not and it will be updated 2 days after the statement date.  I was using all of these tricks I read on here to try and get my credit score up before the cycle ended, but nothing has worked.  Other than waiting for the regularly scheduled update, any other tips I have not tried.  I have 1 Citibank card (owed $17K limit of $20K) and 2 Bank of America cards (owed $4k limit $7k and owned 3K limit $5K) that now have zero balance.  I have been using the cards for a house flip and now I need a quick new mortage.  

I also have 2 30 day late car payments. One is in June 2018 and one is December 2016.  This is my wife's car and she screwed up.  As to the June 2018 they received a payment on the 32nd day.  As to the December 2016 one they had my mailing address incorrect. I have proof of this and have submitted it to the 3 reporting agencies and GM Financial but they have not changed it.  I only have 8 payments paid down on a lease, but from what I can tell it would not help me much to pay the remainder payments, instead it may hurt.  

Need tips.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: I need a HIGH FICO asap.

Wish you can here sooner. The experts will chime in. Though is that FICO score after the 2 month late pay reported?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is my current Fico 8 as of today per Experian and FICO.  I monitor it daily now through an Experian subscription and about a week ago I purchased my score and all 3 reports through My Fico.com.  It is taking into account my 30 day late 3 months ago in June 2018 and also the one in Dec. 2016.  

Message 3 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

How much of a hit did the August 30 day late nail you?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian Fico Score 2 is currently showing as a 673.  

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was in June 2018 and I was not monitoring it then so I have no idea.  

Message 6 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Part of that EX score is undoubtedly utilization related (like my own score actually) but with an April 30D on EQ (and EX) and a 60D on my TU from the same period, just before this month I shifted on all mortgage scores and if you can wait two months you might see similar. Once the utilization is paid down good chance I land 740 but even now 720 tier is good enough for any mortgage underwriting so it can be done.

The lates may be an issue with UW but maybe not as they are on an auto tradeline.

        
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Revelate!  I was hoping to up my score quicky through a rapid rescore, calling for a non cycle update, and changing mailing address as I had seen on this board.  Just wondering if there were any other tricks out there.  I was hoping to jump up into a better interest rate.  

Thanks for your input. 

Message 8 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The rapid rescore is what actually triggers the out of cycle updates lender to lender.

Harder to get that done as a consumer for most lenders.

        
Message 9 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Tricks on getting quick credit score update mid cycle after cc balance pay down?

Couple of things:

Dont trust anyone to do a rapid rescore without doing a background check. Lenders or Mortgage brokers can coordinate a rescore.

I would not have changed your address on one of your cards, because that can cause a verification issue down the line.

You should have just waited it all out. If there was a need to rescore because of a mortgage loan application issue, then the broker could have made those arrangements.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.