Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained 50 point score jump?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexplained 50 point score jump?

I've been coasting at FICO score for ~730 for a at least a year. All of a sudden the last 2 months according to Citi has jumped to 798.

I havent done anything abnormal. I do carry ~10k debt between student loans and some old balances ive been balance transfering back and forth at 3% APR per year. I'm now at 40 open credit cards and 5 closed based on my wishes. My oldest card is a 5.8 year old secured card. The only difference i see is my AAOC has passed 3 years. Could that be it? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Unexplained 50 point score jump?

Is that CITI EQ Bankcard 8?

I don't recall AAoA at 3 years to be a segmentation threshold.

Have you pulled your 3 bureaus FICO 8 scores?

Have you compared the before and after reports?

Did you have any derogatories or delinquencies?
Message 2 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

What is your AoYA Age of Youngest Account?
Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been coasting at FICO score for ~730 for a at least a year. All of a sudden the last 2 months according to Citi has jumped to 798.

I havent done anything abnormal. I do carry ~10k debt between student loans and some old balances ive been balance transfering back and forth at 3% APR per year. I'm now at 40 open credit cards and 5 closed based on my wishes. My oldest card is a 5.8 year old secured card. The only difference i see is my AAOC has passed 3 years. Could that be it? 

No that couldn't be it. It's got to be something else.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As AllZero said, if you’re getting it from Citibank, it is the bankcard flavor of 8 that maxes out at 900, not the classic 8 that maxes at 850.

So your 730s, what flavor were they?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.